Runescape Tinder experiment

Astrofysicus

4 hours ago, Memphus said:

I like Tinder. It's a very easy and convenient way to find dates, once you figure out how to use it properly.

Expound? :laugh:

22 hours ago, Joshjrn said:

Expound? :laugh:

1) Have good pictures. Not selfies of you flexing in a mirror in the gym, or holding up a fish you caught (that one is especially popular around here, and every girl tells me they hate it). Just good, natural, high quality pictures of you smiling. EVERYONE looks 5x better when they smile.

2) Write a short profile listing a couple of quick points about you. Here's mine. Don't go into too much detail, save that for your date

2) Swipe right on everyone who looks half-decent. You can always unmatch them later without reason, they won't even care or notice.

3) Keep in mind that there are about 100x as many guys as girls on Tinder. That is why your match to swipe ratio is so low. Girls are being much more selective, they match the vast majority of guys that they swipe right on. Also keep this in mind when talking to them:
4) They have dozens, if not hundreds, of guys messaging them at the same time as you are. Never forget that. So don't beat around the bush, and don't take it personal if they don't respond right away. Keep your opening messages simple, but find a way to grab their attention. A quick question about something in their profile is good bait.

5) Once you have their attention, KEEP IT. Keep the conversation flowing naturally for a bit, then WITHIN A FEW MESSAGES OF STARTING, you need to find a way to get their phone number. I'm usually just blunt about it - "Let's continue this over text, what's your number?". This cannot be understated, getting their number within a few messages of talking to them is the single most important part of Tinder. Too many guys fuck around messaging in the app for weeks. If you don't get it when she first starts talking to you, you aren't getting it at all.

6) Now with texting, stick to the 3:2 message ratio (that is, let her send roughly 50% more text than you. Make her be more invested. Don't be the beta guy that spams the girl a million texts, nothing is a bigger turnoff). The 3:2 ratio should actually stay with you forever, even if you end up in a relationship. After just a few texts back and forth, push for a coffee date.
7) ALWAYS A COFFEE DATE FIRST. Never more.

8) You don't even have to call it a date. Just say something like "I'd love to meet you in person. Want to grab coffee this afternoon?"

9) Meet them at the coffee shop. Anywhere will do, Starbucks or whatever specialty place you have. TA-DA, you have successfully met a girl WHO MIGHT BE ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN YOU using Tinder. All it cost you is a few minutes of your time and $2 for a cup of coffee. MUCH better than going out to the bar, in my opinion.

Bonus: If they hold off on giving you their number or meeting for coffee, don't waste time talking to them anymore. They clearly are just on Tinder to use it as a chat room, or for ego reasons. They aren't there to meet people, like you are. Move on to your next match. Chatting with people online for days/weeks to "get to know them" before meeting is a fucking dumb waste of time. You need to meet a person face-to-face to know if there is a connection. It only takes a few minutes.

Bonus 2: Half of the girls you meet won't look anything like their profile pictures. Clearly they were using pictures from several years (and several pounds) ago. That's just the nature of the beast. Still sit down and have a cup of coffee with them, be nice. It's 5 fucking minutes. You might actually like them.

Follow up: Talk to the girl over the coffee. If you like them, ask them for a proper first date. Set up something later in the week, i.e. dinner or lunch or whatever. I have several dating tips for getting laid on the first date if anyone is interested.

Edited by Memphus
6 hours ago, Memphus said:

1) Have good pictures. Not selfies of you flexing in a mirror in the gym, or holding up a fish you caught (that one is especially popular around here, and every girl tells me they hate it). Just good, natural, high quality pictures of you smiling. EVERYONE looks 5x better when they smile.

2) Write a short profile listing a couple of quick points about you. Here's mine. Don't go into too much detail, save that for your date

2) Swipe right on everyone who looks half-decent. You can always unmatch them later without reason, they won't even care or notice.

3) Keep in mind that there are about 100x as many guys as girls on Tinder. That is why your match to swipe ratio is so low. Girls are being much more selective, they match the vast majority of guys that they swipe right on. Also keep this in mind when talking to them:
4) They have dozens, if not hundreds, of guys messaging them at the same time as you are. Never forget that. So don't beat around the bush, and don't take it personal if they don't respond right away. Keep your opening messages simple, but find a way to grab their attention. A quick question about something in their profile is good bait.

5) Once you have their attention, KEEP IT. Keep the conversation flowing naturally for a bit, then WITHIN A FEW MESSAGES OF STARTING, you need to find a way to get their phone number. I'm usually just blunt about it - "Let's continue this over text, what's your number?". This cannot be understated, getting their number within a few messages of talking to them is the single most important part of Tinder. Too many guys fuck around messaging in the app for weeks. If you don't get it when she first starts talking to you, you aren't getting it at all.

6) Now with texting, stick to the 3:2 message ratio (that is, let her send roughly 50% more text than you. Make her be more invested. Don't be the beta guy that spams the girl a million texts, nothing is a bigger turnoff). The 3:2 ratio should actually stay with you forever, even if you end up in a relationship. After just a few texts back and forth, push for a coffee date.

8) You don't even have to call it a date. Just say something like "I'd love to meet you in person. Want to grab coffee this afternoon?"

9) Meet them at the coffee shop. Anywhere will do, Starbucks or whatever specialty place you have. TA-DA, you have successfully met a girl WHO MIGHT BE ROMANTICALLY INTERESTED IN YOU using Tinder. All it cost you is a few minutes of your time and $2 for a cup of coffee. MUCH better than going out to the bar, in my opinion.

Bonus: If they hold off on giving you their number or meeting for coffee, don't waste time talking to them anymore. They clearly are just on Tinder to use it as a chat room, or for ego reasons. They aren't there to meet people, like you are. Move on to your next match. Chatting with people online for days/weeks to "get to know them" before meeting is a fucking dumb waste of time. You need to meet a person face-to-face to know if there is a connection. It only takes a few minutes.

Bonus 2: Half of the girls you meet won't look anything like their profile pictures. Clearly they were using pictures from several years (and several pounds) ago. That's just the nature of the beast. Still sit down and have a cup of coffee with them, be nice. It's 5 fucking minutes. You might actually like them.

Follow up: Talk to the girl over the coffee. If you like them, ask them for a proper first date. Set up something later in the week, i.e. dinner or lunch or whatever. I have several dating tips for getting laid on the first date if anyone is interested.

Well that was useful information. 

8 hours ago, Memphus said:

I like it. I'm impressed that there aren't any "tricks". 

2 hours ago, Beric said:

That was significantly less creepy than I expected it to be. :reporter:

I know. I'm stunned. 

• 3 weeks later...

For a Canadian, Memphy's got game. :chucknorrisbychucknorriseFTW:

The single most useful bit of advice for your entire life: (friends, business, women/men, etc.)

On 1/16/2017 at 6:02 AM, Memphus said:

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 3:06 AM, Memphus said:

I like Tinder. It's a very easy and convenient way to find dates, once you figure out how to use it properly.

I ended up with a boyfriend and a 6 year old :reporter:

I laughed way too much at this X.X

1 hour ago, Felicia said:

I ended up with a boyfriend and a 6 year old :reporter:

You found a 6-year-old on Tinder????