Invention components efficiency

Veggie

Some of you might be familiar with TVC (time value cutoff), which compares one training method to another and informs you that you should do one method over the other if your time is valued at the amount that you solve for. But comparing hundreds of methods to each of those other methods isn't feasible. So rather than compare the methods to each other, compare the methods to a fixed value on time. This is in the K3 cell for each sheet, current it says 10M, so that's saying my time is valued at 10M, and then the spreadsheet compares the relative efficiency of the items to disassemble. The lower the number, the more efficient it is. Relatively low numbers are green, medium yellow, high are red. So how to read the spreadsheet, look for the lowest numbers on the right. The spreadsheet is from most components per hour to least - it doesn't make sense to sort it by the number on the right, because that is variable, the spreadsheet would have to dynamically reorder, you'll just have to look for the low numbers yourself. If something is at the top of the spreadsheet, you'll get lots of components per hour, spend little time disassembling, and get little junk. If something is at the bottom of the spreadsheet, you'll get few components per hour, spend lots of time disassembling, and get lots of junk. But purely for the sake of obtaining the desired component, all that matters is the lowest number.

Things to note, this spreadsheet assumes you have level 9 junk chance reduction, which requires 105 Invention. This makes a huge difference. Junk chance reduction disproportionately affects items with high base junk chance. Essentially, low-level, high junk chance items are terrible if you don't have junk chance reduction unlocked, but they become competitive with lower junk chance items once you unlock the junk chance reductions. If you're low level in Invention, you should avoid wasting your time on things like Bronze or Iron. I'd like to implement a way to select your current junk chance reduction, but I haven't figured that out yet, I'd have to implement this entire table into a function, since junk chance reduction isn't just "20% reduced junk chance" or whatever, it varies greatly from level to level.

Also, I have removed or omitted some items that were particularly bad, or would never be viable to purchase in the GE. Some rune items or dragon items might not be on there for this reason, and especially it feels silly putting down a Third-age druidic wreath to compare with other items, throwing axes don't sell period, I didn't put off-hands since they're identical to their mainhand in every case, and things with multiple versions (for example, mystic and its colors) are only listed as one item.

Not every component is on the spreadsheet. I included only components that I believe are important, it's missing Tensile and Flexible which are used in augmentors but I can tell you right now that the best items are magic, yew, or maple shortbows and shieldbows. And for head parts for tool gizmos, Steel or Mithril battleaxes. I did not include Simple Parts because they don't serve any purpose other than for money, and I already made that spreadsheet. Healthy, Heavy, Light, Living, Stunning, Subtle, and Variable components are mostly worthless. And the rest of the common components either are useless or you get in large amounts as a biproduct of disassembling for other components.

Prices don't update automatically and I didn't self-check them, what's in the spreadsheet right now is the current GE mid price. There's a whole bunch of things like Fletching potion (4) which probably don't sell but you can check for yourself and edit as necessary.

You can edit the cyan cells (K3 and column B ) to change your time value or change the prices of the items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_OiK--0MASc8JecaHlNOB21ZfEKlLqJBhU40Jbz0oBc/edit?usp=sharing

Praise the mithril 2 handed sword