Superior Ports Armor - Should I Even Bother?

DougieFr3ssh

I recently got 88 crafting and can now boost to the required level to make death lotus. I have 80 lacquer and I'm wondering if I should even bother making the superior version since its tank armor.

Whats the general consensus on this?

Edited by Saotama
23 minutes ago, Saotama said:

I recently got 88 crafting and can now boost to the required level to make death lotus. I have 80 lacquer and I'm wondering if I should even bother making the superior version since its tank armor.

Whats the general consensus on this?

Arma or anima core of zamorak would serve you better.

You could opt to make the tradeable version and sell it.

Tank armor isnt really that useful.

It's alright for high level bosses if you can't afford Pernix, Anima core of Zamorak, or Sirenic. Armadyl is better for slayer and general combat, but Death Lotus is better for surviving bosses. At Araxxor or Yakamaru in particular you're almost certainly better off with Death Lotus than Armadyl.

The lev ring was useful for me when I started learning bigger and badder bosses. The damage mitigation was nice while I figured out the mechanics. However, I noticed I'd actually go through less food overall when I switched from defensive armor to offensive on bosses like Gregor and Araxxor. 

6 hours ago, James said:

The lev ring was useful for me when I started learning bigger and badder bosses. The damage mitigation was nice while I figured out the mechanics. However, I noticed I'd actually go through less food overall when I switched from defensive armor to offensive on bosses like Gregor and Araxxor. 

I primarily use the levi ring, as I'm much too lazy to get the surgeon's ring... :D

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 6:57 PM, iSpesh said:

I primarily use the levi ring, as I'm much too lazy to get the surgeon's ring... :D

I've been meaning to get that ring. I really disliked the Quest so I haven't bothered repeating it. So for now I use my circuit. Which is handy as it provides telwports to several useful places I suppose.