Frost Dragons Guide By: Excretes

200M Slayer

SUP!:chucknorrisbychucknorriseFTW:

Required stats: 85 Dungeoneering, attack, strength, defense & herblore

Highly recommended stats: 96+ herblore 68+ summoning 70/95 prayer 99 Dungeoneering

Gearing Up: 

First I will show you my set up then I will provide a decent catalog with interchangeable in-slot items

-Aura: Vampyrism Aura or Supreme Brawlers Aura 

-Cape: Tokhaar-kal-ket > Dungeoneering cape/Strength Cape > Fire cape > Any Skill cape >Obsidian Cape > Red cape

-Helmet: Torva Helmet > Anima core helmet of Zaros > Bandos Helmet (lowest tier i recommend)

-Neck: Brawlers Blood Necklace (or knockout out) > Blood Amulet of Fury > Dragon Rider Amulet > Amulet of Fury > Amulet of Glory(Hydrix Jewelry not nessicary here)

-Top: Torva Platebody > Anima core body of Zaros > Bandos Chestplate (lowest tier i recommend)

-Bottom: Torva Platelegs > Anima core legs of Zaros > Bandos Tassets (lowest tier i recommend)

-Boots: Steadfast Boots > Torva Boots > Bandos Boots > Dragon Boots

-Gloves: Torva gloves > Pneumatic Gloves > Bandos gloves > curilomancer gloves 10

-Ring:  Asylum Surgeon's Ring > Sixth Age Circuit > Ring of Vigour > Ring of Life (Hydrix Jewelry not nessicary here)

-Weapons: (Stab Weakness) Drygore Rapiers > Scythe > Blade of Avaryss & Blade of Nymora> Dragon Rider Lance > Chaotic rapiers/Spear >Duel Korasi's/Jessika's sword/ Zamorak Spear

-Familiar: Pack yack > Unicorn > War Tortious or Bunyip > Spirit Terror Bird

-Potions: 2-3 Overload Salves > 3 Overloads 3 Super Anti fire > 2 Super Melee Potions 3 Super Anti fire (I do not recommend any lower tier potions what so ever) If learning this monster for the first time bring 1 Saradomin Brew (4)

-Necessities: 250-350 magic note paper, Sharks or monkfish

-Recommended items: Charming Imp, Gold Accumulstor, 5/6 Magic logs for heath boost, 1 Rune arrow in worn, Illuminated God Book, 1 saradomin brew if you are learning this monsters mechanics & *Bone Crusher Upgrade * (If you have it or can get it, bring it)

Note: *This is not the same as the Bonecrusher as one destroys your possible Frost Dragon Bones and one picks them up & puts them in your inventory.*

Advice: Add 5-6 logs to a bonfire in one instance* notice a 1 hour health boost above natural levels on buff bar in top left corner of your screen.

-Method 1: Right click your dungeoneering cape -> Activate -> 0. More... -> 8. Ice Dungeon Frost Dragon Dungeon -> Enter resource dungeon

-Method 2: Teleport to Port Sarim Lodestone -> Follow arrow path on map. 

->Climb down Trap-Door ->Follow arrow path on map.

->Enter Resource Dungeon

*Set Ups/ Fight Mechanics:

-This is my preferred action bar for duel wield:

-This is my preferred action bar for 2h weapons:

-Fight Mechanics:
  • After you have bonfire boosted, set up your inventory/ worn equipment and your action bar is set you are ready to go to the Dragon's Dungeon. Follow the steps to getting there above and then once you are there use your melee potion/super anti fire and activate your aura and begin to fight the dragons.
  • The dragons are not hard to kill when you attack their weakness (stab) however they do have pretty moderate defense so you want to kill them fast.
  • They also have their dragon fire breathe so if you don't have super anti fire (lvl 85 herblore) you might want to consider a dragon fire shield
  • However their most deadly mechanic is the blue orb special attack in which case if the dragon is attacking you it may randomly enter this special attack and will reflect 80% of all damage taken back at you and receive no damage in the process. The orb also reflects damage over time abilities such as dismember and Slaughter etc.
  • The Best counter for this is have your auto retaliate off and wait 2-3 orbits or wait until the orb is gone then get back to offense
  • After slaying the beast, you want to continue to move to the next dragon for maximum dps as once the dragon dies it take several game ticks for it to fall and show it's loot/frost bones so may as well not waste precious damage per second and kill 2-4 dragons before u loot up.
  • As you pick up bones use your magic note paper on them to keep from wasting food space
  • Make sure you "adrenaline stall" with freedom or anticipation inbetween kills and use surge for traveling across the frosty dungeon efficiently, it's also key to have barge at the end of  your action bar or on some other interface because barge is similar to surge as it lets travel across many squares in one game tick.
  • Use your abilities smartly remember if you have ring of vigour throw it on and hit berserk ability/ switch back to top tier ring then attack as many dragons as you can for the duration without stopping for any loot until after
  • I find the asylum surgeons ring with the thresholds listed gets faster kills in most cases.
  • Don't forget to stay potted up with small instances inbetween!

Possible Profit:

If you focus on mass producing Frost Dragon Bones over time you should be able to get anywhere from 250-350 bones per hour.

I also recommend picking up only rune longswords-17k ( uncommon ) water talismans 13k( common) and maybe grimy kwuarms if you have the space, blood runes/rune arrows as well. The dragons can drop sharks too so this is great for prolonging trips. With this tactic you have minimized your time picking up useless items and focused on your priority "The Bones" and maximized your potential profit. 3-4m per hour

Thank you, that is all & hope you enjoy! :-)

Edited by Deep Deeps
Overvoltage

you can save inventory space (and overall cost on the overloads) by making those into searing overloads

1 hour ago, Overvoltage said:

you can save inventory space (and overall cost on the overloads) by making those into searing overloads

Thank you u i will get some of those

Thanks, and it wasn't much of a problem I would enjoy helping others in any way small or big. Good to hear from you also we need to go pvm some more Arma

Edited by Excretes
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Adopted Dog said:

are they still as crowded as back in 2014?

hardly because its obsolete

but still good money for low level stuff