PSA: JAG removed, add Authenticators!

Deathcon

Today, May 15th they removed JAG from all accounts, please add authenticators to keep your accounts safe! However just on your RS account isnt enough, also add 2FA(Two-Factor Authentication) to your email aswell!

If you do not own a smart-phone to install an Authenticator you can download "WinAuth" for your computer.

I've personally used this For Blizzard/GW2/Older Emails myself without any issues  (before i had a smartphone ## )

Most common issues with WinAuth, are:

1) There is no specific RuneScape authenticator, it uses the standard implementation, which in WinAuth is called the “Google Authenticator”. So that’s the one you need when you click the Add button.

2) When adding your new authenticator, you must click OK to save it.

3) If you get an invalid code, it is most likely a clock issue. Right-click your authenticator in WinAuth and choose Sync Time. Then get a new code and try again.

4) To see your code, click the Refresh icon on the right. Your code will show for 10 seconds. Or, you can right-click and choose “Auto Refresh”, where the code will always

Starting today, RuneScape players who have the Authenticator enabled will receive 2 extra Treasure Hunter Keys every day they log in, up to Sunday 21st May.

Count Check - the Lumbridge account security expert - also has some goodies up his sleeve, in the form of an XP lamp to those players who have an Authenticator enabled. 

F yeah. I've had the authenticator for months now, so I get free stuff I don't have to do anything for. :reporter: