Woodpecker of Doom..

Oske

Has anyone ever had issues with woodpeckers taking up residence in their walls? I have one that has a full fledged (hah bird puns) nest in my bedroom wall. About the only thing i can do is smack the wall reeal good with a stick to get him to go quiet for a while... its driving me nuts.

The Landowner has said they have pest control on it but even their hands are tied with what methods they can use.. its an endangered bird or something. The suggestion was buying some of these 40$ balloons to act as scare crows xD

Try some of that reflective bird tape.  My office at work had a few woodpeckers, but we haven't seen them since I shot them all

52 minutes ago, Evan said:

Try some of that reflective bird tape.  My office at work had a few woodpeckers, but we haven't seen them since I shot them all

That's the way I'd take care of it as well. Discharge of firearms within city limits gets tricky, though.

Just now, Cam L said:

That's the way I'd take care of it as well. Discharge of firearms within city limits gets tricky, though.

gamo-bone-collector-177-air-rifle-1250-f

I have one of these, it's damn near silent, hits with a .177 gplat

22 minutes ago, Evan said:

gamo-bone-collector-177-air-rifle-1250-f

I have one of these, it's damn near silent, hits with a .177 gplat

That's what we've been using to exterminate the rodent population around our house. God damn red squirrels pack the gutters with shit.

I had one hanging out on my roof for a summer. Got a dumb plastic owl to sit up there and it worked surprisingly well. 

5127MsqVKqL.jpg

its on the 3rd story and that wall has trees blocking any ladder getting up there. office has boarded up their holes b4 but they just go around it and make a new hole xD If i had an air rifle it would be taken care of already. or a 22 i could silence.