The Big Runescape Survey 2018

AmusedDragon

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/the-big-runescape-survey-2018?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Their survey is out. It's slightly long but I'd encourage everyone to give their honest thoughts to jagex.

I'm a little bummed that any mention of clans is essentially a "clan citadel update" and not a "clan system" update.

I thought the one question concerning the types of bosses people like was interesting.

At the end I threw in a large spiel about clans needing some much needed updates. Let us know your thoughts/what you said.

Man, I thought I wanted some quests until I got to the part where they ask you to reorder questlines by which ones you'd most like to see. Couldn't put most of them low enough. :sly:

6 minutes ago, Beric said:

Man, I thought I wanted some quests until I got to the part where they ask you to reorder questlines by which ones you'd most like to see. Couldn't put most of them low enough. :sly:

I felt like this for a lot of those reordering questions. I wanted to stick most of them in a "trash" category instead of a number.

I agree - all the clan related stuff was almost entirely citadel based, which is a little underwhelming. Though, if you watched the stream they did kind of address that - Shauny asked each person (out of 5 or 6) what their personal ideal update would be, and three expressed interest in really tackling the clan aspect of the game and all seemed like their interest went beyond the citadel. One even made mention of "capping" being somewhat of a burden, so that's nice to see/hear.

Overall, I liked what the survey was asking. I said that they should definitely focus on smaller, more manageable updates,  and QOL things. My personal opinion is that so much of the backlash comes from the fact that they announce these massive updates which opens an whole can of worms for them and us. They then have deadlines to hit, and feel the pressure of releasing something when its not entirely ready to be released. This takes away attention from other also desired updates, and so on. At the same time we end up building up hype, and when its released and its not great, we complain and say how the time was wasted and "look what we could have had if it weren't for this massive waste of time."

If they announced some great, small-scale new content that would be fine with me. If they release a smattering of new content amidst a bunch of QOL fixes and then intermittently release large updates like the bank rework and stuff like that, I think a lot of things could be solved. There's just so much already in the game that can be reworked and effectively be "new" content since it's currently dead content.

Those re-order questions were such a pain the ass. Something good better come of those. 

It wasn't that bad of a survey overall though. Interested to see what happens with the question about skill reworks. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to the older skills now but I know I want them reworked but still want them to "protect the skill's identity and methods of training" rather than completely change it. And, while it's not necessarily a "rework" (and I'm betting I'm probably in the minority here), I don't want the skill cap raised to 120 on any other skills. 

13 minutes ago, Pyrolord said:

and I'm betting I'm probably in the minority here

I really doubt that you are. 

1 hour ago, Beric said:

I really doubt that you are. 

Really surprised at that. Always assumed, since the topic does pop up every now and again, that everyone was for it. Expected it even more so now that Slayer was increased to 120.

Should be interesting... I told them at the end that they needed to prioritize on fixing things first before they create more stuff for them to fix at a later date.

EDIT: Also did mention a whole clan update, and some other stuff. :P

Edited by Flavoring

More skills, skill reworks, quests, and rework the clan system. Also boost the level cap to 120 for everything. 

Also I would love for meaningful ways to mix and match gear without sacrificing performance. (Beyond cosmetics)

I just took the survey. Having been gone from the game for so long, I honestly couldn't remember some of the quests they had listed, so I basically ranked the ones I knew about/could remember and randomly did the others. At the end, I mentioned that I thought the Ranging skill needed to be looked at. Specifically, the Ranging Guild needing an update/more options to work the ranging skill.

31 minutes ago, WindEagles said:

I just took the survey. Having been gone from the game for so long, I honestly couldn't remember some of the quests they had listed, so I basically ranked the ones I knew about/could remember and randomly did the others. At the end, I mentioned that I thought the Ranging skill needed to be looked at. Specifically, the Ranging Guild needing an update/more options to work the ranging skill.

The ranging guild was actually pretty fun in the opening months of RS2. But it quickly lost popularity. 

5 hours ago, WindEagles said:

4 hours ago, James said:

The ranging guild was actually pretty fun in the opening months of RS2. But it quickly lost popularity. 

I think skill guilds should get reworked too, theyre all low entry reqs (granted this is okay, but why not have something abit higher leveled) you can say but what about max guild kek, theres literally nothing there for skilling.

Should all skills have a "guild", probably not but atleast make current ones worth it/ useful again imo.

I talked a lot about making the wilderness the most valuable location, putting all of the best resources in there, to bring it back to life. When rune was the best gear and you could only mine rune in the wilderness, clans flourished.