DXP IS HERE! GET GAINZ!

runescape mobile

Bobby

donno if I am excited or scared...

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-on-mobile--coming-soon?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

RuneScape on Mobile – Coming Soon

RuneScape is coming to mobile in 2018. That's right – RuneScape. The game you know and love, anywhere.

This is a mobile client for RuneScape – not a separate version of the game. Theinterfaces will be optimised for mobile, and there'll be persistent cross-platform play with the desktop version.

That means you'll log in with your existing account, continuing the adventures of the character you've spent so much time levelling. And of course, you can hop back onto the desktop client whenever you want.

Awesome! When can I play?

Old School will hit mobile devices this winter, with RuneScape hot on its heels in 2018.

To be first in line for hot-off-the-press mobile info – and to be considered for closed beta access – register your interest now.

Any questions? Check out the live stream at 19:00 UTC on 19th July on Twitch.

Excited? Join the conversation on our social channels with #RSMobile.

The RuneScape Team

I'll personally have no use for it, but I hope it brings in some new players. 

I don't think my phone would be able to handle it, either way I don't see myself using it. I play at home or at work if things are slow, otherwise I have no time for it. :wacko:

1 hour ago, Beric said:

I'll personally have no use for it, but I hope it brings in some new players. 

Ah yes, new players who will be stumbling around on a mobile interface.

1 hour ago, Brimes said:

I don't think my phone would be able to handle it

I don't want my phone to explode in my face.

1 minute ago, AmusedDragon said:

Ah yes, new players who will be stumbling around on a mobile interface.

Get hooked into the game through mobile, and eventually move to the PC for higher end stuff. Maybe. We'll see. 

Just now, Beric said:

Get hooked into the game through mobile, and eventually move to the PC for higher end stuff. Maybe. We'll see. 

Honestly I just feel like this is bad for the perception of the game. I feel like advertising that your MMO can be played 'great' on a mobile interface will turn away anyone looking for a less casual game. When, if you choose so, RS can be not-so-casual.

RS is a weird MMO. It's really grindy, but so much can be casually afked and does fit as a mobile game. And then there's involved combat and opportunities for high level PvM. Kinda all over the place. 

So has anyone actually signed up for the Beta?

Genuinely scared my phone might overheat so I'm gonna let some others work out the bugs.

3 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Genuinely scared my phone might overheat so I'm gonna let some others work out the bugs.

Yes, I feel the same way. :P 

29 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

So has anyone actually signed up for the Beta?

I signed up, i use a Nexus 6P.

Atleast i can do my daily stuff on work breaks :reporter:

Obviously its still early but i sincerly hope the interface isnt aids...i had RT'd an image off reddit on gladz twitter that looked great.

Edit2:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/6o0lqg/why_mobile_pvm_isnt_mission_impossible/

Edited by Deathcon

I would think the fact that your game can be played on a device people use to play Angry Birds while they poop is not a selling point for your MMO.

Woodcutting or fishing on lunch breaks from work? Okay i guess ^_^ 

I do believe this will be beneficial to some players so can't complain about that!  Just an overall interesting update as there are both positives and negatives, hoping the positives outweigh any negatives the community comes up with.

12 hours ago, Tristan said:

Woodcutting or fishing on lunch breaks from work? Okay i guess ^_^ 

No, you are supposed to do this during the entire workday. Come on Tristan!