Wildy Ditch / Telegrab lure

Zell Smith

So... a few weeks ago someone I had recently met in game told me how he has made 4.5b in 2 weeks. 

Intrigued I was keen to know how and he explained it just involves standing around in W2 G.E with his party hat on waiting for a lurer to PM him.

He goes along with the lure but in fact knows how it works and makes around 300-800m per time from these guys. Basically as the vid below shows.

I have actually seen first hand this lure and him walking away with 300m+ twice now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc1vVpMaHJQ

Is this actually as safe as it seems? Assuming you don't telegrab or move into the wilderness past the safe tiles.

I have been PMed by these guys twice now but never brave enough to go along with it.

Anyone heard of this going wrong or have experience with it?

Edited by Zell Smith

This is how lures actually work. They make you think you can be the one making money and then they nuke you.

Never mess around with any of this.

shortly after i bought my red i some guy tried get me to anti lure and he really really wanted me to anti lure...almost like he was doing the luring himself

4 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

This is how lures actually work. They make you think you can be the one making money and then they nuke you.

this.

also this "person you met recently" is not your friend

3 hours ago, Overvoltage said:

this.

also this "person you met recently" is not your friend

what about getting the 1b from watching a utube vid :trollface:

or fun drop parties in the wild bring your bank cause its required

• 4 weeks later...

Someone actually tried to get me with this over the weekend :reporter:

In case anyone's curious as to how they get you with this, the guy actually referred me to the video in the original post (it would not surprise me if the moderator who made the video is in on this shit). They'll take you through a dry run with your items banked, take you across the ditch, trade you in a safe zone, and give you the Demonic Skull (when during the real run they would give you the money and the telegrab runes). Then they have you grab your expensive items, skull yourself, drain your prayer, switch to Legacy, wear the skull, and hop the ditch (if you're dumb enough to actually make it to this point, I honestly do not know what to tell you). They will ask you to trade them to get the money and runes while standing in a spot such that your character inexplicably runs out of the safe zone to get to them (nice game, Jagex), at which point you are fucked. 

There's a related video to the one in the original post that shows all of this happening to a guy, but yeah. If you see PVM Jurrasic on world 6 (or any other world), the dude is a piece of shit. Laugh at him. Remember: do not take anything across the ditch that you are not willing to lose. 

I can now rest safely in the knowledge that my inherent laziness will keep me from falling to this lure. 

34 minutes ago, Beric said:

I can now rest safely in the knowledge that my inherent laziness will keep me from falling to this lure. 

Seriously, the fatal flaw with all of these elaborate lures is that nobody who possesses the patience to go through all of their shit is also dumb enough to fall for it. Those things are mutually exclusive.