Hacked =(

Kalinouski

Yup. That happened. Logged on yesterday and first I noticed that my graphics settings are set to minimum with windowed mode. Well, no big deal, got that fixed, then tried to do my daily and suddenly realized that my money pouch has 0GP in it. So I immediately opened my wealth evaluator and you guessed it - no joy there.

Bottom line is - I have Authenticator enabled, bank pin set, password made up of random letters and digits, and yet somehow someone logged onto my account, used my bank pin, bypassed authenticator and emptied my bank and money pouch. SO I would want to say - beware and use security features, but even with them enabled, you are not safe from hackers. I lost all together around 250M in coins and items - not that much, and ill be able to get it back in a month or two, but it is a really shitty feeling - knowing that some piece of **** was bossing around my account.

Be careful out there guys - I will be concentrating on recovering my wealth so may not be able to participate in any combat-related events, sadly.

8 minutes ago, Kalinouski said:

I have Authenticator enabled, bank pin set, password made up of random letters and digits, and yet somehow someone logged onto my account, used my bank pin, bypassed authenticator and emptied my bank and money pouch.

Did you possibly download something recently that could have contained a virus of some type? Were your emails set up with 2-step authentication?

1 minute ago, Deathcon said:

Did your email have 2FA?

Did you enter any info into any type of mobile beta for rs3?

I have 2-step Authentication.

I did enter my info for mobile beta - this is the only thing that could have caused the hack. I thought about it too yesterday, because it was the only thing that was out of the ordinary. I did not downloaded anything, I have latest and updated firewalls and antivirus software, im constantly behind the VPN, so I knew that the chances of me getting a Trojan or keylogger are unlikely. So must have been the info I entered for the beta.  Interesting that you asked.

Just now, Kalinouski said:

I have 2-step Authentication.

I did enter my info for mobile beta - this is the only thing that could have caused the hack. I thought about it too yesterday, because it was the only thing that was out of the ordinary. I did not downloaded anything, I have latest and updated firewalls and antivirus software, im constantly behind the VPN, so I knew that the chances of me getting a Trojan or keylogger are unlikely. So must have been the info I entered for the beta.  Interesting that you asked.

Did you log into rs forums of sorts to "enter" the beta? The only way currently was a google survey which only asked for your googleplay account and type of phone, no details about your rs account were involved.

Its been a common phishing method since mobile was announced sadly.

4 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Did you log into rs forums of sorts to "enter" the beta? The only way currently was a google survey which only asked for your googleplay account and type of phone, no details about your rs account were involved.

Its been a common phishing method since mobile was announced sadly.

Yup. That is exactly what it was. It popped on my facebook, and I'm following the official RS Facebook page, so I don't know what the hell I was thinking... I know that RS3 mobile wont be available until next year sometimes.

Edited by Kalinouski

Dang that's a rough one :/

I myself was hacked about a month/2 months ago for a couple t92's and what not and they got through my bank PIN and Authenticator also I just couldn't figure out how either of those were possible. Interesting that you bring up the mobile beta cause I signed up for that too around the time it happened directly through Runescape (I know for sure cause I am definitely alert about phishing websites) coulda been some kinda leak or security flaw on jagex's part.

On the bright side rebuilding is kind of fun and refreshing once you get past the sad part of a hack. Hmu if you need a starter care package or anything.

3 minutes ago, Cyruss said:

Dang that's a rough one :/

I myself was hacked about a month/2 months ago for a couple t92's and what not and they got through my bank PIN and Authenticator also I just couldn't figure out how either of those were possible. Interesting that you bring up the mobile beta cause I signed up for that too around the time it happened directly through Runescape (I know for sure cause I am definitely alert about phishing websites) coulda been some kinda leak or security flaw on jagex's part.

On the bright side rebuilding is kind of fun and refreshing once you get past the sad part of a hack. Hmu if you need a starter care package or anything.

Yup, I also pretty selective about links, but I guess not this time...

I'm not really upset too. I mean, it sucks to have things gone, but at the same time I didn't lose a lot of wealth, and will be able to rebuild fairly quickly with my daily runs (I get around 2-2.5 mil from those) and some minor marching. Thanks for the offer! I should be fine though.

44 minutes ago, Rafi said:

That's rough. Glad you have a plan to make back your money though. 

Make sure to change all of your passwords etc. 

Yup. All is done. New password, bank pin, I even created new e-mail specifically for RS.

At least you know how it happened. I'd be a nervous wreck if I got hacked and couldn't figure out how. :/

Just now, Beric said:

At least you know how it happened. I'd be a nervous wreck if I got hacked and couldn't figure out how. :/

I got pretty nervous at first and started frantically scanning my computer and delete stuff, but then I gave it a thought and with your guys' help realized that I just put my info where I shouldn't have. So my PC is safe and I'm on the road to recovery. Most important part is that account itself is safe and have full access to it. BTW, I reported it on forums and they blocked the account access, and I had to recover it.

I'm sorry that happened. That definitely was something to do on Jagex's part but it is scary how they managed to get through the authenticator when thats supposed to be the one real line if defense we have :(