Slayer Codex/Ushabti changes incoming

Douglas

[–]JagexDaze Mod Daze [score hidden] 2 hours ago 

Hey,

Very purposefully the Slayer Codex was designed that completion of it was cosmetic rewards only - in that it rewards trim (which asks you to complete all these extra parts of the game) and a title. No essential content is locked behind completing the Codex.

However, I have seen your comments so I had made a tweak earlier today which is now in QA - if you are 120 Slayer, it will always give you the increased rate as if you were on task (this was previously triggered at 200m XP).

While the rarity of catching can be frustrating, I'd like to leave it as an open space where we can give better catch rates as a future reward space (things like a great or ultra ushbati could actually be a thing)

Additionally, ninja are planning to make a change to improve the corrupted slayer helm where one of the additional benefits is to give a 5% bonus to the capture rate of souls (this doesn't have a release date yet).

Hopefully with all these things combined, it will make the capturing of souls a bit less painful for those going for completion of it.

Cheers

10 minutes ago, John Kleppe said:

A 1% capture rate isn't really that bad though. Even with the elite mobs you *should* get a soul in a handful of tasks. 

I should be clearer, i don actually know the capture rates, i used that as an example of their shit capture %, 5% of an already abysmal # is basically pointless.

4 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Lackluster way of "buffing" the corrupted slayer helm really. 5% of 1% doesn't make any tangible difference.

Not to mention it's a "buff" that is completely useless for the purposes of general slayer training.

4 minutes ago, Beric said:

Not to mention it's a "buff" that is completely useless for the purposes of general slayer training.

You didn't think this one through, did you? Putting certain mobs in your player-owned slayer dungeon absolutely is useful for slayer training

Just now, Veggie said:

You didn't think this one through, did you? Putting certain mobs in your player-owned slayer dungeon absolutely is useful for slayer training

Hence the "general slayer training". You'll fill your dungeon, and maybe your codex, but that's going to be a fraction of the time you spend training the skill.