Minecraft

John Kleppe

This thread is for all you miners out there. Discuss new techniques, machines, and buildings. Lets see what you've got.

Alright boys, today's work order is for 15 thousand blocks of redstone ore for an 8-bit CPU. Yeah, I'm sure we'll get lucky and just run into a vein 5 chunks wide. We still can't afford modern tools because of that roller-coaster boondoggle. *grumble* It's in my blood. 5 generations - that's how long my family's been mining these emerald hills. I've lost brothers to cave-ins, explosions, silicosis, and black lung. We've all dodged the skeleton's arrows and nursed spider bites that would've crippled lesser men, but the Creeper's hiss will forever chill us to the bone. It takes a special breed to wield a diamond pick-axe. The scabs who cross our line laugh the first time the foreman tells them to start punching trees, but nothing in this world comes easy. Every chunk we explore yields such meager rewards: a few dozen blocks of coal, enough iron for an armor upgrade, and if you're lucky, a few precious blocks of diamond ore. But now they've gone too far. The cursor pushers have us working down at the bottom of the world in bucket brigades of water and lava to create obsidian for their infernal portal gates. Ever since that damned update they've been conjuring plans to expand their empire further and faster by invading the Nether. The Nether! Oceans of lava and those hideously deformed zombie-pigmen. STRIKE! Our demands are simple: no man shall enter the Nether without a minimum of 3 pork chops per miner and a proper dental plan that covers cattle, hogs, and chickens. The land has not broken us and neither will the Pinkertons. Stand together - stand strong!

Edited by John Kleppe

I'd play again, but every server I join goes to shit. If you have a good server hit me up and I'll play.

I just play single player.

I play multiplayer with a friend of mine, we've recently built quite a few cool things but it does get boring pretty quickly.

War_Lord303

Play Terraria instead.

This.

Its 2D minecraft with a ton of shit to do its got dungeons bosses rings boots that give special bonuses and a load of random shit that makes it alot of fun

Notch needs to do more to minecraft than just 'hi im adding floating islands with nothing on them so theres no point exploring them'

Edited by war_lord303

Play Terraria instead.

This.

Its 2D minecraft with a ton of shit to do its got dungeons bosses rings boots that give special bonuses and a load of random shit that makes it alot of fun

Notch needs to do more to minecraft than just 'hi im adding floating islands with nothing on them so theres no point exploring them'

he's made more than $25 million from the game so he must be doing something right
War_Lord303

Im not saying its a bad game, i bought the game as soon as i played the free weekend thing and played it for so many hours and made so many different worlds but after that, there is nothing to do the only things fun after building a ton of shit and mining a ton of iron and diamond is customs maps and mods but even they get boring after a certain amount

Terraria will too at some point

Im not saying its a bad game, i bought the game as soon as i played the free weekend thing and played it for so many hours and made so many different worlds but after that, there is nothing to do the only things fun after building a ton of shit and mining a ton of iron and diamond is customs maps and mods but even they get boring after a certain amount

Terraria will too at some point

I get extremely bored too but I just teak breaks for weeks at a time and then feel really relaxed when I play, especially since there's thunderstorms and rain now.

I started to work on these a while ago with a buddy and it keeps me occupied for a few hours a week.

eb7a73a7262d46bf959855e8ca1988cf.png

b479e4535aa025269d3ba6cc29b7827c.png

War_Lord303

Terraria is only £6 on steam lol

And yeah aeterna ive just been playing with some mods on lately that have made it pretty fun i just wish notch would add something a bit different

I want to play that Terraria thing but don't want to pay for it.

it hath been cracked. I can't remember the links but I know Lamuse has them.

Terraria isn't that great (multiplayer wise) It's possible to mod in any items you want and even use cheat engine to get infinite hp/mana non-degrading stacks so you can just fling TNT everywhere and grief maps real easy.