Rs item's price up?

Izpohai

Hello all, coming back a little more then I have been..

So my question.. What happened with the market? Prices were going down when archaeology launched, and now being back and looking at items, I cannot believe the prices. Assuming items were becoming scarce?

Edited by Izpohai
3 hours ago, Shepherdc said:

Which items in particular are we speaking of? Theres literally... thousands

T90 and up, literally weapons, armor etc... 

3 hours ago, Melanie said:

Archeology did help the economy and a lot of methods that were dead are now revived.  :o

Hm.. T90 and up items are decent prices now. I've missed a lot in several months I guess. Well it's good, I don't mind it. I was honestly surprised.

Depends which items. Items fluctuate all the time and even if we understood the logical explanations for changes in prices (the determinants of supply & demand), to an unknown and unknowable extent people are not logical in making economic decisions, so we can't be 100% sure in what we attribute changes in prices to.

If you mean general prices, especially of items whose price isn't directly tied to anything (e.g. crafting and smithing materials being tied to alchemy price), people on Reddit have suggested that there have been massive dupes using a method that was allegedly used in OSRS and not fixed in RS3 of gathering tons of accounts together to crash the server and the server messing up "rollbacks", resulting in trades keeping the traded items on both accounts, but I have seen no direct evidence of this. The theory presumably would assume that the most commonly duped item would be cash (coins) and then buying up items of value (such as discontinued items, which have skyrocketed in price), but I don't understand why items of value wouldn't also have been duped (yes, duping an item of value would make the item less valuable, but the same principle applies to cash).

1 hour ago, Veggie said:

Depends which items. Items fluctuate all the time and even if we understood the logical explanations for changes in prices (the determinants of supply & demand), to an unknown and unknowable extent people are not logical in making economic decisions, so we can't be 100% sure in what we attribute changes in prices to.

If you mean general prices, especially of items whose price isn't directly tied to anything (e.g. crafting and smithing materials being tied to alchemy price), people on Reddit have suggested that there have been massive dupes using a method that was allegedly used in OSRS and not fixed in RS3 of gathering tons of accounts together to crash the server and the server messing up "rollbacks", resulting in trades keeping the traded items on both accounts, but I have seen no direct evidence of this. The theory presumably would assume that the most commonly duped item would be cash (coins) and then buying up items of value (such as discontinued items, which have skyrocketed in price), but I don't understand why items of value wouldn't also have been duped (yes, duping an item of value would make the item less valuable, but the same principle applies to cash).

Haven't heard of duping since the pink partyhat duping shenanigans of the mid 2000s. If that's real, the inflation could be ridiculous.