Araxxor/Araxxi

Izpohai

Hello all,

So I solo'd the boss three times yesterday with slight problems. Today, it's early morning for my time zone, and my internet is a bit laggy, not too bad but still. Anyways today, in the first phase of burning the web. Araxxor auto attacks three times and then uses an ability, and I'm confused as to why he's using a ability after three, I thought it was five auto attacks first..? I finish phase 1 with ease still, I go through phase 2 no problem (light and dark path) I get to phase 3, and for whatever reason araxxor auto attacked sixteen times.. I had antipation and freedom on cooldown so I was screwed, died once because I lagged so bad, a one shot kill spider spawned and KO'd me. Next try I get to Araxxi and again, during that fight two auto attacks and ability, then it did fifteen auto's and I lagged then got KO'd.. Was there an update with Araxxor/Araxxi for fights? I know solo isn't the best, but I learn better that way and I am using seren godbow for a big advantage. I'm close to recording the gameplay of the fight, so I can show jagex and be like wtf m8... Any thoughts?

35 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

So I solo'd the boss three times yesterday with slight problems. Today, it's early morning for my time zone, and my internet is a bit laggy, not too bad but still. Anyways today, in the first phase of burning the web. Araxxor auto attacks three times and then uses an ability, and I'm confused as to why he's using a ability after three, I thought it was five auto attacks first..? I finish phase 1 with ease still, I go through phase 2 no problem (light and dark path) I get to phase 3, and for whatever reason araxxor auto attacked sixteen times.. I had antipation and freedom on cooldown so I was screwed, died once because I lagged so bad, a one shot kill spider spawned and KO'd me. Next try I get to Araxxi and again, during that fight two auto attacks and ability, then it did fifteen auto's and I lagged then got KO'd.. Was there an update with Araxxor/Araxxi for fights? I know solo isn't the best, but I learn better that way and I am using seren godbow for a big advantage. I'm close to recording the gameplay of the fight, so I can show jagex and be like wtf m8... Any thoughts?

Here's the thing. So for the first phase when you burn the web, the first special attack is random, it can be after 1-5 auto attacks, after that it will always be 5 auto attacks in between special attacks. Here is what you could do, as soon you burn down the web, hit one ability and then hit Anticipation, it has longer duration than freedom and will be there for all his first auto attacks and the first special attack.

On phase 3 during this current rotation, he spawns acidic spiders (not the 1hit spiders), they also count as a "special attack" so if he does 5 autos then spawns an acidic spider, it will be another 5 autos before he does the next special attack, and it could also be another acidic spider. The 1hit spider also counts as a special attack, so count 5 auto attacks from that until the next special attack.

There has been only one update for Araxxor and that was the change of darkness path, during phase 2 he only charges once if you get the right incoming charge attack the first time. 

37 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

I know solo isn't the best,

Solo is still the best way to do/learn the boss, you shouldn't attempt a duo unless you're really comfortable doing the boss with no problems. All you have to do is keep practicing and you will figure out the boss more and more and you will have no problem later on. :thumbup:

Best of luck! :) 

Can you be more specific as to when araxxor is doing abilities? Because Araxxor at the very start of the fight can use an ability right away, after that it should be every 5 auto-attacks. However, this does not reset in between phases. For instance, you mention getting to Araxxi and her using 2 autos and then an ability. That means a few autos happened right before you finished phase 3, they carry over.

You sound like you are lagging, so you may be counting autos wrong.

43 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

I know solo isn't the best, but I learn better that way and I am using seren godbow for a big advantage. I

Solo is the ideal way to kill the boss unless you have a duo partner that somehow insanely reduces your killtimes (likely wont).

5 minutes ago, Samimo said:

Here's the thing. So for the first phase when you burn the web, the first special attack is random, it can be after 1-5 auto attacks, after that it will always be 5 auto attacks in between special attacks. Here is what you could do, as soon you burn down the web, hit one ability and then hit Anticipation, it has longer duration than freedom and will be there for all his first auto attacks and the first special attack.

On phase 3 during this current rotation, he spawns acidic spiders (not the 1hit spiders), they also count as a "special attack" so if he does 5 autos then spawns an acidic spider, it will be another 5 autos before he does the next special attack, and it could also be another acidic spider. The 1hit spider also counts as a special attack, so count 5 auto attacks from that until the next special attack.

There has been only one update for Araxxor and that was the change of darkness path, during phase 2 he only charges once if you get the right incoming charge attack the first time. 

Solo is still the best way to do/learn the boss, you shouldn't attempt a duo unless you're really comfortable doing the boss with no problems. All you have to do is keep practicing and you will figure out the boss more and more and you will have no problem later on. :thumbup:

Best of luck! :) 

Alright, thank you. I appreciate it. That does make a lot more sense knowing that. Does his rage drop when I log in on new days? Or does it stay the same until RS time has completed a full day?

2 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

Alright, thank you. I appreciate it. That does make a lot more sense knowing that. Does his rage drop when I log in on new days? Or does it stay the same until RS time has completed a full day?

You're welcome, that sounds good! :) His enrage drops at every game reset, however you can buy a Pheromone from the GE to reset it whenever you feel like it's getting harder during the kills. :) 

6 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Can you be more specific as to when araxxor is doing abilities? Because Araxxor at the very start of the fight can use an ability right away, after that it should be every 5 auto-attacks. However, this does not reset in between phases. For instance, you mention getting to Araxxi and her using 2 autos and then an ability. That means a few autos happened right before you finished phase 3, they carry over.

You sound like you are lagging, so you may be counting autos wrong.

Solo is the ideal way to kill the boss unless you have a duo partner that somehow insanely reduces your killtimes (likely wont).

Wait.. The auto attacks carry over through each phase? Well I kill Araxxor so fast in phase 1, the 100k doesn't last even a minute. So when I go to phase two, I do happen to notice a auto attack coming my way. Normally when you walk over to whichever web you want to burn down, Araxxor comes in does an auto or two and then uses ability, which watching some video's before, it came across it's supposed to be five auto's off the bat, and then proceeds to abilities. Samimo made a lot of sense, what could be my problem with it. Minus the few lags, I do kill Araxxor fast and I just focus on the next path. I'll have to keep a look out for auto's carrying over, I honestly don't focus much once I have dropped the health to move on.

2 minutes ago, Samimo said:

You're welcome, that sounds good! :) His enrage drops at every game reset, however you can buy a Pheromone from the GE to reset it whenever you feel like it's getting harder during the kills. :) 

Do auto attacks carry over, due to whoever dropping the health bar fast? Because the seren godbow is epicly strong against Araxxor/Araxxi. Which a lot of my old T90 items went up in price, that is the reason why I have the seren godbow now. Is there certain abilities that can negate some damage or kill faster so I can pay attention to auto's? I don't mind the challenge, but Araxxi does some flip-flopping between magic and range auto's fast. Do you know when the game resets?

5 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

The auto attacks carry over through each phase?

Yes, forgot to mention, the auto attacks do carry over to the next phase and won't reset. For example, if you happen to get 3 auto attacks and phase him to the next phase, he will do 2 auto attacks and then a special attack. :) 

5 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

Araxxor comes in does an auto or two and then uses ability, which watching some video's before, it came across it's supposed to be five auto's off the bat, and then proceeds to abilities.

As mention before, the special attack at the very start of the fight, is completely random and could be 1-5 auto attacks before the first special attack. Try hitting one ability and immediatly Anticipation after for it to cover all the remaining auto attacks + the first special attack. And after that it will always be 5 autos and then a special attack. 

4 minutes ago, Izpohai said:

Do you know when the game resets?

The game resets at 24:00 game time. :) 

1 hour ago, Samimo said:

Yes, forgot to mention, the auto attacks do carry over to the next phase and won't reset. For example, if you happen to get 3 auto attacks and phase him to the next phase, he will do 2 auto attacks and then a special attack. :) 

As mention before, the special attack at the very start of the fight, is completely random and could be 1-5 auto attacks before the first special attack. Try hitting one ability and immediatly Anticipation after for it to cover all the remaining auto attacks + the first special attack. And after that it will always be 5 autos and then a special attack. 

The game resets at 24:00 game time. :) 

Alright, thank you.