New Mouse

Rafi

27 minutes ago, Sir Berry said:

Heavy and there is a learning curve to using the side buttons,

I do wanna stress that when I first mapped out my g600 I was like 'there is no way I will ever feel comfortable with this, I'm going to fuck up every switch forever'. But nah, it all came together after some time/practice/muscle memory building.

Highly recommend getting a 12 button mouse for runescape now, makes weapon switching/juggling so much nicer.

• 4 weeks later...

Gave up on the software and returned the Razor today. Going to give one of the Logitechs you guys suggested a try.

For users of the G600 (MMO style) and G502 (general gaming) how do you feel about the ergonomics of the mouse? Is it easy on the wrist? Fit the hand nicely? I tend to like mice that are tilted up slightly on the left to create a more natural hand position, but know neither of these have that. 

7 hours ago, Rafi said:

For users of the G600 (MMO style) and G502 (general gaming) how do you feel about the ergonomics of the mouse? Is it easy on the wrist? Fit the hand nicely? I tend to like mice that are tilted up slightly on the left to create a more natural hand position, but know neither of these have that. 

It felt so uncomfortable at first (The g600) but then after you use it for a week it feels great. It's a little weighty and bulky which works good for me/lets me feel like I have more control over it.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:02 AM, Red Rat17 said:

I suggest something in the color red. Preferably 18th iteration

Red Mouse18

So helpful!

On 4/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, AmusedDragon said:

It felt so uncomfortable at first (The g600) but then after you use it for a week it feels great. It's a little weighty and bulky which works good for me/lets me feel like I have more control over it.

I'd probably be good with a weightier mouse too. My hands are on the larger size of medium, I think. 

I'm gonna try the 600 since it's the equivalent of the Razor I was trying anyways. Not too expensive. 

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Fingermedon said:

Im really glad @Cam Lmentioned this post to me on discord this has now secured my decision to get the Logitech g600! Awesome ??

I've been enjoying it. Wish I had got it earlier in the pandemic though - I got a profile set up for working from home first, and then was going to set one up for Runescape, but then all the Covid restrictions lifted and I ran out of free time for gaming. 

Only complaint is that you can't map the "fn" key from a mac keyboard to the mouse. Everything else has been smooth though. 

1 hour ago, Rafi said:

I've been enjoying it. Wish I had got it earlier in the pandemic though - I got a profile set up for working from home first, and then was going to set one up for Runescape, but then all the Covid restrictions lifted and I ran out of free time for gaming. 

Only complaint is that you can't map the "fn" key from a mac keyboard to the mouse. Everything else has been smooth though. 

Glad to hear your review on this as well! That’s great, I’m definitely going to purchase. The price here in the uk is ridiculous compared to US for this mouse though. £56 here and $36 over there! So just over $70 it it was over there haha!

now onto the keyboard decision as well! Was looking at the Logitech g910! Not sure what everyone else has?

• 4 weeks later...

Went and ordered the g600 from Amazon (couldn't find anywhere else) after reading this thread and asking about it in the CC, so thanks for the input everyone. ?

It's a shame that it takes weeeeeks (they promised at earliest 10th august) to deliver here. Atleast cheaper this way than it would have been buying for Finland's prices.

Edited by X5-452
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 4:41 AM, Bleedblack said:

I upgraded from a Logitech trackball mouse to a Razer and that one died in a short span of time (started to double click). I was looking for side buttons but not a lot and my hand is kinda small so I have trouble fitting most mice. I've had the Logitech G502 Hero for a while, I like it except that I can't reach all of the extra buttons without having to hold it awkwardly. It has extra weights included so you can customize the feel of it (I tucked it into a drawer, probably forever) and the software allows you to save different profiles meaning you can swap between one with keybinds for Runescape and then swap it to some default settings for working hours. Sas actually has the G402 and his hand is quite a bit larger than mine and he likes it well enough to convince me to get the next generation of it (this one).

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/g502-hero-gaming-mouse.910-005469.html

I second this! I too have smaller hands and after my Logitech 900 series kinda died (still works just need to be plugged in) I bought a Razer Naga and immediately returned it as it felt huge in my hand. Logitech 502 is a very highly rated mouse and what I currently use (The SE version). I like razor for keyboards but not for mice. Both razer and Logitech have good software for their peripherals, corsair software is junk.  The double click thing is fairly common to happen to Razer mice from the research I did.

Edited by FatalScroll

Starting to learn with just a few switches at Rex matriarchs (Phentraken). Have to add more binds later. Also have to adjust these later or save different profiles to different bosses that need dual wields etc switches...

7gGnbVy.png 391Orgp.png

@Billit you were interested?

Edited by X5-452