Some help needed with ability bars

O z z i e

Hey guys,

Since I maxed I'm trying to get more into pvming so I want to get my ability bar right. 

I already tried the abilities bar shown on the wiki but I find it annoying when the ultimate and treshold abilities are first. I could never use my ultimate ability because I would never have enough adrealine because of the treshold. Thats why i have been using my current abilities for a while now but yesterday I have bought corruption shot/blast and onslaught (soon bladed dive and greater dazing shot hopefully). So I want to renew my abilties bar. Currently I'm mostly doing Araxxor. 

6VYWtoE.png

Any tips?

43 minutes ago, Zeytin said:

I find it annoying when the ultimate and treshold abilities are first. I could never use my ultimate ability because I would never have enough adrealine because of the treshold. Thats why i have been using my current abilities for a while now

Get into the habit of full manual.

I understand people want to be lazy or " thats too much effort "  you're shooting yourself in the foot because the game cannot predict what your intentions are and it makes it hard to:

Stop attacking bosses

Use res at the right time

Use things on tick

For actual help though id put corruption blast/shot up near the beginning, chain, sacrifice, tuskas are all bad abilities.

For magic on revolution, basically only Sonic Wave, Dragon Breath, and Corruption Blast don't suck. Combust does good damage but only if you walk it for the doubled damage.

For ranged on revolution, basically only Dazing Shot and Corruption Shot don't suck. Fragmentation shot does good damage but only if you walk it for the doubled damage. Snipe is good but only if you manually cast the next ability because revolution doesn't understand how to use channeled abilities (might be fixed in an update coming soon). Ricochet can be good but only if you unlock Greater Ricochet, especially with Caroming perk.

For melee on revolution, basically only Cleave (Decimate if dual wield), Sever,  and Smash (Havoc if dual wield) don't suck. Dismember can be good but only if you have the Strength skillcape (makes it last 60% longer). Fury can be good but only if you cancel it early with another ability or if you unlock Greater Fury which makes it a non-channeled ability. Slice is quite a bit better than all of the other "bad" abilities.

The order you put those non-bad abilities on your bar isn't particularly important, but having bad abilities in front of them would be detrimental.

You should manually control ultimates and thresholds, as you seemed to indicate you already want to do.

There are things you can do to add to the number of non-bad basic abilities, but most involve manual input (including switching weapons) or expensive unlocks.