Nex Solo Help

GNT Patrick

Hey Gladz!

So far the return to PVM has been FANTASTIC!!!!! Thought it has come with a few road blocks. The first roadblock being Nex solo. I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. Even watching videos doesnt seem to help honestly. I'm stuck on "blood phase" where Nex heals ever 2 seconds. Its a never ending cycle of me attacking after shes out of her siphon, and her still getting to max health. And me then running around in circles doing it  all over again. Anyways, I was wondering if we had any good Nex people out there who could watch what I'm doing and provide some guidance. I'm typically on during the weekends, so any weekend where someone has a few minutes, I'd love to get some help on this. 

Nex is on a set attack cycle on blood phase. She heals periodically. You are not supposed to attack her while she is healing, or use bleeds during that phase as they will heal her the entire phase.

Just dump damage when she isn't healing. Avoid the blood sacrafice if you haven't gotten her to 80K lp yet by surging away.

The wiki lists the attack cycle - but seriously, all you have to do is damage after her siphon is done. What are you doing right now? What style and weapons do you have?

Wiki excerpt:

https://runescape.wiki/w/Nex/Strategies#Blood

During this phase, Nex will use Blood blitz, which heals her for around 600 life points per attack and has an AoE of 3x3 at her primary target. During this phase, her magic hit chance is increased to 100% and, like the previous phase, can also drain prayer points.

Note: On this phase, Nex has a soft cap that reduces excess damage above 5,000 by 50%.

Her special abilities in this phase are:

• Blood siphon - Nex will yell A siphon will solve this!, summoning two blood reavers and performs a summoning animation. If attacked in her summoning animation, any damage dealt will instead heal her for the same amount. Nex's blood reavers will also heal her for 92 life points for every successful attack they make. If there are any reavers in the chamber, the previous set is killed off for the current set, and the health they had left is transferred to Nex.
  • Blood Sacrifice - Nex will yell I demand a blood sacrifice! and select a random target who will glow red. If the target does not move at least seven spaces away from Nex within four seconds, she will heal equal to the player's maximum health while damaging them for 10% of their maximum health. All other players will have their current prayer points cut in half. It is advised to use Surge or Escape if targeted. Nex seems to use this attack on the farthest player from her. If all players are within the same distance from Nex, she will target a random player instead. Her aggression will also shift to the targeted player.
  • Healing - This ability is active from the start of the blood phase and last until the phase ends. If Nex is inflicted with a bleed ability (the only exceptions being the bleed from Puncture and the combust effect from the Dragon Rider amulet), any damage she takes from them will heal her instead.

Once she reaches 80,000 life points, the blood mage, Cruor, can be attacked. Cruor heals 100 of his life points each time he attacks a player; his attacks have a 100% hit chance. The next (Ice) phase does not start until Cruor is killed, and Nex is successfully attacked.

Nex's attack pattern for this phase consists of the following:

• Siphon summon
  • Three auto-attacks
  • Blood sacrifice
  • Three auto-attacks
  • Repeat

Right now I'm using a noxious bow, maybe I'm not that good at manual, but I finally got out of the blood phase after 15 minutes lol. But died during the ice phase since I had no supplies.

18 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

Right now I'm using a noxious bow, maybe I'm not that good at manual, but I finally got out of the blood phase after 15 minutes lol. But died during the ice phase since I had no supplies.

Can you post your bar, your setup, and what you do during the fight?

When you say you aren't good at manual - are you on full manual or are you on revolution? 

gwjMrL6.png

I use Revo for the first 2 phases, then quickly switch - I avoid the bleed abilities and try kiting around the room during the auto attacks. WHile she is in siphon, I try and sneak to the side to kill the pets while she is distracted. SOmetimes it works well, othertimes she gets her 3 autos in while I'm killing the pets. I tried the snipe into onslaught and did almost no damage. During onslaught do I need to use other abilities? Or will that  cancel onslaught?

32 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Can you post your bar, your setup, and what you do during the fight?

When you say you aren't good at manual - are you on full manual or are you on revolution? 

Its honestly my first time trying manual. I currently do more damage on revo, but can't do that on 3rd phase. I want to learn manual anyways, so gotta get used to it

Snipe is bad on revo unless you are activating an ability manually afterwards cause revo sucks at using channeled abilities and makes you lose like 3 seconds between a channeled and a normal. 

corruption shot is your best ability outside of your ultimate and should be in front unless of course you are trying not to use bleeds. Veggie explained all this better in a different thread I think so I’ll if I can find it.

14 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

gwjMrL6.png

I use Revo for the first 2 phases, then quickly switch - I avoid the bleed abilities and try kiting around the room during the auto attacks. WHile she is in siphon, I try and sneak to the side to kill the pets while she is distracted. SOmetimes it works well, othertimes she gets her 3 autos in while I'm killing the pets. I tried the snipe into onslaught and did almost no damage. During onslaught do I need to use other abilities? Or will that  cancel onslaught?

Your ability bar is no good for revolution. Snipe is bad on revo as it takes eons to go off unless you manually cancel it. Other than that you got way too many basics and I'm wondering if you are throwing thresholds out.

You should get into the fight with 100% adren. If you dont have 100% adren and don't know how to stall adren (or don't have the persistent rage) then learn to stall adren or build adren on a minion prefight. (click on a minion, start casting defensives/non damaging abilities).

You should start with thresholds on nex assuming you aren't death swifting (snapshot, rapid fire, tendrils) to make phase 1 fast. Phase 2 is no different, just kite her and spam thresholds/good basics (bleeds/etc).

When you are phasing into phase 3 you can watch nex. She says "A siphon will solve this" and then her wings begin to drop slowly. When they drop more than halfway (it's hard to describe, just practice) you can hit snipe and get a big hit in early. From there you can onslaught (if you are 100% adren) or hit rapidfire/snapshot. Surge away from the blood sacrifice attack if you don't get her to 80k fast to avoid healing her. After you surge away and your character isn't red anymore then you throw more good abilities at her. She should be phased.

There are 100s of ways to do this, this is just a basic way to it.

Ice phase is easy, just freedom if you get prisoned and eat up high/catch a res. If she says 'contain this' run away when she starts to run towards you (ALWAYS be doing damage). After a 'contain this' you should anticipate after a few more of her attacks to avoid getting frozen by the next ice prison if you aren't done with the phase yet.

Last phase is easy, you can kite her around or ds, or whatever, just avoid damage/eat best you can.

2 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Your ability bar is no good for revolution. Snipe is bad on revo as it takes eons to go off unless you manually cancel it. Other than that you got way too many basics and I'm wondering if you are throwing thresholds out.

I always manual my thresholds and ultimates. I'd rather choose when they go off. I've noticed snipe takes longer on revo, so I tend to click a basic in between. I basically let Revolution go through my basic abilities and manual the rest.

10 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

I try and sneak to the side to kill the pets while she is distracted. SOmetimes it works well, othertimes she gets her 3 autos in while I'm killing the pets. I tried the snipe into onslaught and did almost no damage. During onslaught do I need to use other abilities? Or will that  cancel onslaught?

I didn't address this directly in my post but just to be clear: you ignore her pets and attack her. You also can't eat/use abilities during onslaught as it will cancel it. You can pop an enhanced Excalibur though.

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

I didn't address this directly in my post but just to be clear: you ignore her pets and attack her. You also can't eat/use abilities during onslaught as it will cancel it. You can pop an enhanced Excalibur though.

I thought she healed off of their health tho?

4 minutes ago, GNT Patrick said:

I thought she healed off of their health tho?

This is only if she gets to the siphon again - which she shouldn't. If she does the healing is not enough to put you in a spot that is detrimental to you phasing her on the next cycle around (assuming you didn't heal her majorly before that happens).

She start's blood at 120k, you have to do 40k damage to get to 80k. As long as you don't heal her with bleeds/attacking during siphon and if you don't get hit by the blood sacrifice it should be easily done with thresholds/basics. If not that, a onslaught should take care of most of it.

17 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

This is only if she gets to the siphon again - which she shouldn't. If she does the healing is not enough to put you in a spot that is detrimental to you phasing her on the next cycle around (assuming you didn't heal her majorly before that happens).

She start's blood at 120k, you have to do 40k damage to get to 80k. As long as you don't heal her with bleeds/attacking during siphon and if you don't get hit by the blood sacrifice it should be easily done with thresholds/basics. If not that, a onslaught should take care of most of it.

I'll try it out next time I'm doing PVM. Probably this weekend. Thanks for the help!

I had a hard time with blood and recently got passed the block. Do you use armadillo godbook? I wasn’t, but could still get passed that phase. The book does make it much easier if it procs. Be sure to start snipe when he wings reach the top of that animation to begin blood phase and then I use rapid fire and snap shot(the two hits threshold if that’s not what it’s called) and then one or two more abilities and she is turning you red. Surge or escape away. Then needle shot or dazing shot, threshold. If you haven’t phased her she’ll siphon so you’ll use snip again when her wings reach the top and repeat the two thresholds. If you have eof dark bow spec is really good. I do not so I don’t have that to my disposal. Hope this helps. For ice phase bring a vitality potion for the prison. Use your shield for a second one if you need. Keep your health high.