120 Combat Skills?

GNT Patrick

Hey guys, bringing this up as a topic to bounce around our own personal opinions on the subject: "Would you want Jagex to boost combat skills to 120? Or no? And why?"

For me, I can see the benefits of increasing the combat to 120 as far as adding content into the game. I can see some issues with that as well - boost weapon level requirements? or add weapons and break the game? Or would 120 just improve accuracy? Who knows? So many conversation points here. What are everyone's thoughts on the matter? Are you for or against?

Concerned about power-creep and the "content" that would come with it.  The actual matter of the xp/level getting increased, i am pretty neutral, but I'm probably just biased since I already have 200m all.  

Combat is an integral part of the game, and has been at 99 since forever.  I would say I'm against it, as it would change the dynamic too swiftly.  Just my opinion :) 

1 hour ago, Mike 1 said:

Concerned about power-creep and the "content" that would come with it.  The actual matter of the xp/level getting increased, i am pretty neutral, but I'm probably just biased since I already have 200m all.  

Combat is an integral part of the game, and has been at 99 since forever.  I would say I'm against it, as it would change the dynamic too swiftly.  Just my opinion :) 

Good point on the power creep. For me, I'm not sure if it'd be a good option. I'm on the fence since I like additional content, I just dont want them to make the current content obsolete 

2 hours ago, GNT Patrick said:

I just dont want them to make the current content obsolete 

With latest additions, much of the old content is pretty obsolete as is, and also adding more grind would definetly discourage new players. I'd be against it, even though I'd welcome the grind myself :P

Gross. Jagex has already allowed such tremendous power creep for high-end players that I don't even want to think about what 120 combat stats would push them to do. 

120+ elder overloads stata would be at 141 + zerk aura would be nuts. Damage and acccuracy at some of the current high end bosses would be wack.

Theyd need to balance new bosses around this amd if youre not 120 itd be a horrendous experience.

Depending on how they do it, it could be an opportunity to 'push down' mechanic heavier bosses to less experienced players. 

Personally I don't care what they do. 

But if they feel the need to shake things up at some point then this would be an interesting excuse to rebalance the combat across the board, etc.