DDOSing

Res

So long story short we have a kid who think's hes the shit because he can use booters. Well I have all of his information, IP/ISP/Email/First and last name/Facebook page/Twitter page/email/secondary email etc But yet I can't get anyone to do anything and he's free to DDOS our server, now he claims hes going to be searching for a vulnerability in our server and will "nuke our database"

Why is it so easy to DDOS and get away with it? :\

move too the uk

"In the Police and Justice Act 2006, the United Kingdom specifically outlawed denial-of-service attacks and set a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison."

but i think this might be just for people who is doing it in the uk..

or see this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act and see if any of the acts were violated.

It's illegal in the US as well.

How would you go about reporting such a thing?

Do so and scare the everliving shit out of him. :reporter:

It's illegal in the US as well.

How would you go about reporting such a thing?

Do so and scare the everliving shit out of him. :reporter:

I would imagine that you'd go through your ISP. If they won't handle it, I'm sure that they'll tell you who can.

It's illegal but there's no official way to report people for doing it. Unless they DDoS (distributed denial-of-service attack) a government server or account there is little action taken against them. I looked for way to report DDoSers myself and had no luck. I know several people who do it and get away with it all the time and I would like to report them. It's a childish thing thing to do.

If you know when the person will DDOS, what if you re-route any activity that tries to connect to fast to fbi.gov?

Or would that be illegal too?

We once switched our IP to a government website and he ddosed the government website for an hour... disappeared for a month or two after he found out. But just yesterday he came back..

By switched I mean posted an IP on the home page. He just assumed that was us and DDOS'd it

Edited by Dpa

I would think to try to get a recording or some shape or form, then when it happens he would be the most likely subject. Take it to whatever handles that type of law and boom, they may be more likely to help you with the backtracking.

I don't know the ins and outs of law or ddosing. This is going off general knowledge of having hard facts to help.

If you know when the person will DDOS, what if you re-route any activity that tries to connect to fast to fbi.gov?

Or would that be illegal too?

Well I'm pretty sure if they were to find out that you did that, you'd probably be in just as much trouble as the person that launch the original attack in the first place. At the moment the laws aren't too specific on DDoS attacks. All I was able to find out is simply that it is illegal but like I said before, no legal action is usually taken unless the attack was against the government.

Edited by MotoX Champ

If it's still a problem and you generate some form of revenue from it you can report it to the FBI internet crime department if your host/isp won't handle it for you. At least from my knowledge.

He hasnt been a problem lately, but that's because he told us he better not find a exploit in our server or he will find it and "kill our databases"

So the server needs to be up for that to work. That's a good idea damin :l, thanks for that.

Edited by Dpa

He hasnt been a problem lately, but that's because he told us he better not find a exploit in our server or he will find it and "kill our databases"

So the server needs to be up for that to work. That's a good idea blance, thanks for that.

Blance? :sly: