Bypassing Administrator Password

Cam L

So basically here's my problem:

My dad is a small business owner and he has some business related files on our computer, so to install anything on this computer I need to enter the administrative password. That being said, I don't know the password for obvious reasons :P My dad is in Miami on business until Sunday and I'd like to play Battlefield 3, but upon starting the game for the first time I need to enter the administrator password to "allow the program to make changes to this computer." I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the password without resetting it, or if I'll just have to wait until Sunday to get my hands on BF3 :P Thanks.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit if that makes any difference.

Edited by KiIIer Cam

Why don't you stop being 13 and just ask your dad for the password, or maybe have your mom call your dad for the password and she'll enter it in for you to install it?

Why don't you stop being 13 and just ask your dad for the password, or maybe have your mom call your dad for the password and she'll enter it in for you to install it?

Let's be fair to the kid...

Pretend like you're older than the 16 that you are and call. Text or email if he's mind-numbingly busy. Then wait for an answer.

I am not going to teach you how to attack the administrator password for security reasons. Ask your father like everyone else.

Thats code for "Idk how"

:trollface:

Yeah, you're just gonna have to ask him for the password. He can go ahead and change it later if he doesn't trust you in the long term with it.

The alternative is getting your own computer! :glim:

I am not going to teach you how to attack the administrator password for security reasons. Ask your father like everyone else.

Makes sense; no complaints.

• 5 weeks later...

idk how predictable ur dad may be but i remember when i was about in 9th grade my dad changed the password and i ended up guessing it... it was "beer" oh and afew beer bottles was around the computer, thats why i guessed it :)

• 5 weeks later...