Jump to content

Chicken Burgers


The Camshimp

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Why does it have to be ground up meat to be a burger? 🤔

 

We also have steak burgers here. Steak in between burger buns with fillings - do you call that steak sandwich? 

idk thats just the way it is in america. we would indeed lol

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Maggie said:

Why does it have to be ground up meat to be a burger? 🤔

 

We also have steak burgers here. Steak in between burger buns with fillings - do you call that steak sandwich? 

Yes

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Blancy said:

unlike this that is clearly a chicken sandwich

McSpicy-Chicken_309x280%20V2.png

Yeah I was agreeing with you

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Actually I agree with what Windy said. I'd call it a chicken burger and at the checkout I might specify that I don't want a combo "just the sandwich". 

 

Naturally I brought this topic up while we were camping this weekend. It may of had something to do with how many we had in us at the time but opinions were strong.

 

The "it needs to be minced meat" statement came up as well. I hadn't thought of it that way previously. It makes some sense, in general I'd say a burger is a patty on a bun regardless of what it's made out of. I mean, do you guys not have veggie burgers?! I swear to God if you tell me you have to call them veggie sandwiches...

 

PS. YOU'RE amazing @Sun Check

Edited by The Camshaft
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Maggie said:

Why does it have to be ground up meat to be a burger? 🤔

 

We also have steak burgers here. Steak in between burger buns with fillings - do you call that steak sandwich? 

Yo I'm not putting a steak in a hamburger bun you CRAZY

Link to comment

100% factual statements:

If it's a ground meat patty in a bun it's a burger.

If it's a whole chunk of meat (breast, steak, etc) in a bun it's a sandwich.

 

Bun vs bread doesn't matter.

 

Putting chicken salad in buns is still a sandwich.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Windynights said:

Yo I'm not putting a steak in a hamburger bun you CRAZY

100%! Why is anyone putting a steak between buns?! Unless he’s talking about sliced steak like a philly cheese steak cause those are heavenly.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

100% factual statements:

If it's a ground meat patty in a bun it's a burger.

If it's a whole chunk of meat (breast, steak, etc) in a bun it's a sandwich.

 

Bun vs bread doesn't matter.

 

Putting chicken salad in buns is still a sandwich.

Where is the source for this factual statement?

 

46 minutes ago, Inquisitor02 said:

100%! Why is anyone putting a steak between buns?! Unless he’s talking about sliced steak like a philly cheese steak cause those are heavenly.

Steak burgers are a real thing here and also brisket burgers. Steak in-between a brioche burger bun; you bitches are missing out.

 

Spoiler

daec429340d88167c42f0e9e6d37ec8f.png287d3459da6d2b48e90cc9d69b6865ed.png

 

Link to comment

I legit want to hear an acknowledgement or counter from someone in the US about if "veggie burger" is a thing. Clearly those bad boys do not contain beef.

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, The Camshaft said:

I legit want to hear an acknowledgement or counter from someone in the US about if "veggie burger" is a thing. Clearly those bad boys do not contain beef.

They are a thing they have 100% plant based "burgers "

Link to comment

Veggie burgers are usually made of ground veggies/legumes etc, so totally qualify. 
 

What about if you put fast food nuggets on a bun though? McDonald’s and others mass produce them by grinding miscellaneous chicken parts into a paste and then exuding them into nugget form. Still technically ground, no?

Link to comment
On 7/20/2021 at 2:27 AM, Devin said:

If it's on a bun, it's a burger. On a roll, it's a hot dog. two slices of bread, it's a sammy.

+1 Devin got the 🧠

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, Sun Check said:

Chicken is Amazing 

lol atleast we can agree on this.

 

Link to comment

I thought this was in the Insomniac Board for a second and was terrified regarding what this thread might be about. ##

 

Anyway, Maggie is objectively correct. :3

Link to comment

you misspelled subjective lol

3 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

Anyway, Maggie is objectively correct. :3

 

Link to comment
Just now, Blancy said:

you misspelled subjective lol

4 minutes ago, Sirsir said:

Although I cannot read, I can sometimes write, so I respectfully disagree. :lol:

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...