rsbuddy is no more

Bobby

Google rsbuddy and sythe

Anyways the bot owner waited a week to say he was going to release it. Made a countdown and all. He ended up showing jagex the new rsbuddy at runefest and they gave him a job.

Now what does that mean for autoing? With one of the major bot creaters working for them, its quite possible jagex will win the war with bots and finish it

Opinions?

Edited by Bobby

Hehe, nice that it worked out like this. Jagex have said several times that the developers behind RSBuddy and such were quite good. Good that they hired him/them ^^

Wait so...Jagex hired people that were making programs to break their rules...

RSBuddy-> now Jagex employed->learn their sekrets-> exploit for $$-> Fail on jagex's part

RSBuddy-> now Jagex employed->learn their sekrets-> exploit for $$-> Fail on jagex's part

Then the defectors get sued for illegally using insider information. This is because Jagex will probably have them sign a non-disclosure, or something along those lines.

I think this is good news. Jagex will never get rid of 100% of the bots but they should now have the ability to keep the majority of them out of the game. There's still RSBots, which was the second biggest site for botting after RSBuddy. Jagex still hasn't gotten rid of auto-clickers, the oldest form of bots in Runescape. They said that only 2% of the bots used auto-clickers but what's to stop all of the old bots from switch to auto-clickers? Jagex stated that their main targets were the gold farmers, which they have been successful in removing.

Overall I think Jagex has done a great job to finally stop most of the bots. I think RS now has a much brighter future. But can the game recover from that damage that has already been done? Now that bots are gone, sometimes there are less than 100 people per world, which is insane. I know many people think RS is a dying game, while others think it has already died (removal of the wilderness & free trade) and died again (bringing back free trade and gold farmers along with it). Only time will tell what happens next.

RSBuddy-> now Jagex employed->learn their sekrets-> exploit for $-> Fail on jagex's part

Pretty common, actually. Except for your conclusion, which is asinine.

A substantial percentage of the employees working for e-security companies (anti-virus, networking, etc) are ex-hackers whose resume was primarily comprised of making their now-employer's product look stupid.