Seike

14 minutes ago, Seike said:

What happened next?

Absolutely nothing. Our CAPTCHA stopped them from being able to register. :reporter:

I imagine if they had we'd have gotten a shocking 1000+ posts with phishing links. We get a few of those that slip in every now and then. 

I was wondering the exact same thing today. Thanks for asking the question @Seike

If that was a bot attack, why are we keeping that number? We not remove that data? 

19 hours ago, Zatevon said:

If that was a bot attack, why are we keeping that number? We not remove that data? 

I suppose we just never thought about it! I've reset it. We'll almost certainly see another (likely much smaller) bot wave throwing it out of whack within a few months, but for now...

I don't want to alarm anyone, but right now we are currently setting the all time record for most users online! 37! Truly something to tell the grandkids about.

We're going to need an excuse to send out a mass PM and cheese those numbers back up. 

Just now, Beric said:

We're going to need an excuse to send out a mass PM and cheese those numbers back up. 

QUARTER CENTURY ANNIVERSARY PARTY!

When we reach 25 years, of course.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, Beric said:

I suppose we just never thought about it! I've reset it. We'll almost certainly see another (likely much smaller) bot wave throwing it out of whack within a few months, but for now...

Aww, I actually liked seeing that. :jade:

I'm just weird this way, but bot waves skewing forum statistics always make me smile.