Rs3 Pvm Mobile

blackhawk987

blackhawk987

So I been doing some pvm on mobile while at work. ED2 to be exact. On the first boss it was a struggle. My problem wasn’t the mechanics but more of a dps issue. Anyone have any good revolution and action bar setups for mobile??

Astellarn is one of the most poorly designed bosses in the game in that if you take too long to kill it the mechanics desync and it becomes a chore to so do so.

I don't play mobile, or use revolution, but my advice would be to ensure you do the most damage at the right time.

He has 250k health and he softcaps at 200k until you drop the black hole and can damage him fully again. So get him to 200k somewhat quick with basics/thresholds. Then when you drop the black hole and put the neutron star into it you need to go hard on the damage to finish it off in that cycle. Drop a swift/sun and adren pot and hit your thresholds/spec weapons (wild magic asphyxiate and since you are maging... if you have an EOF g staff spam g staff). Filler basics should be gconc and fire breath. I'm not sure what gear you have really so it's hard to tell you what to do but this would work for 'basic' setups (maybe the eof is not quite basic).

I THINK @Lazko does ED2 on mobile sometimes and could potentially offer some advice here.

27 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

Astellarn is one of the most poorly designed bosses in the game in that if you take too long to kill it the mechanics desync and it becomes a chore to so do so

Believe it or not it has nothing to do with how fast or slow you kill it.

Its literally scripted a timer for when you enter the dungeon, its whack.

Dragons slayer task/dragonslayer perk will help a bit.

2 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

Astellarn is one of the most poorly designed bosses in the game in that if you take too long to kill it the mechanics desync and it becomes a chore to so do so.

I THINK @Lazko does ED2 on mobile sometimes and could potentially offer some advice here.

I was indeed doing some ED2 on mobile.

To do this reliably with decent kill times requires a lot of set up, and also to be more precise I was doing it on a tablet, which makes it easier. 

With proper set up I was able to get reliable runs, and kill times, though everything was roughly 30-40% slower, I think my best PR for a run on mobile was like 25 minutes. 

The best advice I can give you @blackhawk987 is to set your revo bar to only do basic abilities, and then put all of your thresholds on the thumb buttons. Additionally, you are going to want to set it up with switches. Switching in mobile provides a rather unique situation because your revo bar, and thumb abilities can be changed separately from the revo bar when you switch. This has two benefits, 1. that you can now access all of your thresholds (your 2h thresholds and your dw). 2 that you now dont have to take up all of your thumb spots for stuff you wont use constantly throughout the encounter. 

Also, ability queuing is essentially required to do decent damage.

Its rather complicated to use effectively, but it is 100% doable. 

I've attached my two mobile switch range switch thumb bars for a reference, so with the switch if i hit the 2h bow it swaps to the thumb actions that has the dw bows on it and vice versa. It works pretty seamlessly once you get it down. 

Last thing, keep in mind that what you change for switching on mobile, because it will also effect your switching on PC so be mindful :) 

If you have any questions feel free to ping me in discord, in-game, or here :) 

Good Luck!

SACsmuw.jpeg

I009lUS.jpeg

blackhawk987
On 5/9/2022 at 5:43 PM, Lazko said:

I was indeed doing some ED2 on mobile.

To do this reliably with decent kill times requires a lot of set up, and also to be more precise I was doing it on a tablet, which makes it easier. 

With proper set up I was able to get reliable runs, and kill times, though everything was roughly 30-40% slower, I think my best PR for a run on mobile was like 25 minutes. 

The best advice I can give you @blackhawk987 is to set your revo bar to only do basic abilities, and then put all of your thresholds on the thumb buttons. Additionally, you are going to want to set it up with switches. Switching in mobile provides a rather unique situation because your revo bar, and thumb abilities can be changed separately from the revo bar when you switch. This has two benefits, 1. that you can now access all of your thresholds (your 2h thresholds and your dw). 2 that you now dont have to take up all of your thumb spots for stuff you wont use constantly throughout the encounter. 

Also, ability queuing is essentially required to do decent damage.

Its rather complicated to use effectively, but it is 100% doable. 

I've attached my two mobile switch range switch thumb bars for a reference, so with the switch if i hit the 2h bow it swaps to the thumb actions that has the dw bows on it and vice versa. It works pretty seamlessly once you get it down. 

Last thing, keep in mind that what you change for switching on mobile, because it will also effect your switching on PC so be mindful :) 

If you have any questions feel free to ping me in discord, in-game, or here :) 

Good Luck!

SACsmuw.jpeg

I009lUS.jpeg

Dude you are freaking awesome this is exactly what I was looking for 

1 hour ago, blackhawk987 said:

Dude you are freaking awesome this is exactly what I was looking for 

Glad I could help! Ever need any help just let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

I mostly use mobile for skilling, idk how you guys can even try to do combat with it lol massive props