Help with Elemental Workshop 3 Puzzle Progress ?

TullyCicero

Hey folks! I'm hoping that a quester who is far savvier than I can help me figure this out. I'm in the middle of the EW3 puzzle, which is pretty straightforward following along with the wiki. The problem is that I logged out in the middle of it, and I'm not sure how to decipher my quest log so I know exactly which section of the puzzle to pick up with.

My quest log for this section as as follows:

• I have found a machine with many levers and a big, red button.
  • I've managed to lower a section of the puzzle, giving me access to a new puzzle piece.
  • I've managed to lower another section of the puzzle. I now have access to a really tall puzzle piece.

So I found the machine, meaning that I'm in the room with the puzzle. I've lowered two sections of the puzzle, which I guess would be The 2-layered gear block and 50 move cap sections of the wiki. If I'm following this correctly, The 3-layered gear block should be the next segment of the puzzle that I need to complete. My move counter is also showing 100, so it's been increased once or twice.

I feel like I've tried a few of the algorithms out, and maybe I made a mistake or wasn't looking at the right section.

Link to the quest wiki page

ive done this before, when i did it i quit on the last puzzle and came back years later, went through it all again and realized i only had to do the last puzzle. from what it looks like for you yeah seems like your on the 3-layered gear block

Your membership to the EW3 Is The Worst Quest Ever club is in the mail. 

I'm unable to help you at all, but I got stuck in the same spot back when I did this quest. :/

Hey Tully! I hope you're doing well bud. Also, sorry if this isn't helpful but I just wanted to say this entire quest series is AIDS and appropriately took years off my life.

Ahhhh, I figured this would be my luck. Thank you all for confirming how screwed I am. :breakcomputer: I'll check out a video guide and/or mindlessly trying each of the puzzle algorithms until I figure it out! In the meantime, I started grinding out some Shattered Worlds to distract myself from the heartbreak of this quest.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:18 PM, The Camshaft said:

Hey Tully! I hope you're doing well bud. Also, sorry if this isn't helpful but I just wanted to say this entire quest series is AIDS and appropriately took years off my life.

And thank you kindly, sir! I hope you're well too!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 11:49 AM, Mrs Dewfus said:

Honestly my suggestion would be look up imsimovits quest guide for it and follow along until it looks familiar he makes amazing quest guides 

I second this, he makes great guides. Just wish he had the newer quests.

I can't believe I missed a quest question! Question?

In any case, I hope you figured it out by now. <3

If you're still stuck, hopefully we can work to determine and resolve the problem~

~~~~~

On 6/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, Beric said:

Your membership to the EW3 Is The Worst Quest Ever club is in the mail. 

I love the entire quest series. :sadbanana:

On 7/23/2022 at 6:08 PM, Sirsir said:

I love the entire quest series.

1 & 2 are okay,  3 can go fuck itself though.

Only because jagex is horrible at making easy to use/understand/intuitive interfaces to convey what can/will be done with controls.

4 hours ago, X5-452 said:

Can we double User Sirsir !?

It's probably for the best!

Besides, I'm excited to be Guest-Mode Sirsir. 😆

~~~~~

4 hours ago, Deathcon said:

1 & 2 are okay,  3 can go fuck itself though.

Only because jagex is horrible at making easy to use/understand/intuitive interfaces to convey what can/will be done with controls.

That's true; the terrible interface and limited controls make the quest much worse than it needs to be. I can't deny the unnecessary difficulties here! At least the RS3-era improvements made EW3 a lot more bearable; and of course, not having to physically run around to solve the puzzle, as one did on release, is huge.

I very much enjoyed the puzzles themselves, and the lore was also interesting (as useless as it ended up being in the game's storyline). :3

Jagex has usually been and continues to be atrocious at UI design in general, sadly.