Need help with a pc problem!

Afternine

So for a few days now I've had this issue where every 15-20 minutes my entire pc will sort of stutter and lag for 1-2 seconds. It's not huge, but definitely annoying and I'd prefer it not do those things.

Some relevant info I've gathered so far:

• This did not start after any updates (drivers or otherwise), it started randomly one day.
  • When this happens my e-cores spike up to 60-70% utilization and then go back to being parked.
  • I've tried doing a fresh nvidia driver install using ddu with no changes.
  • It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue since all of my systems pass the stress tests I've run.

I am fairly certain it is some sort of driver issue, but I have no idea which driver. Could this be audio? When this hitch happens the audio gets distorted for 1-2 seconds as well; sort of like a robotic sound.

PC Specs:

Windows 11

i5-12600KF

32gb DDR5

RTX 3080

Both drives are m.2 ssd drives

I can't find anything like this on the internet, and I am hoping to find a different solution before trying to perform a fresh windows install.

Nice specs! I'm not a computer guru by any means. Had the same issue on an XPS recently. Even though it said all drivers were up to date, after going to the motherboard manufacture's website there was a new release and it ended up fixing the issue I had (in my case an audio driver).

Good luck! Reformatting is a pain.

2 hours ago, Afternine said:

I am fairly certain it is some sort of driver issue, but I have no idea which driver. Could this be audio?

I surely can't say if it is or not for you, but I had this same problem just a week or so ago and it did end up being an audio driver. Was relieved it was such an easy thing to fix. Worth giving it a look (as well as the rest of your drivers). 

3 minutes ago, Beric said:

I surely can't say if it is or not for you, but I had this same problem just a week or so ago and it did end up being an audio driver. Was relieved it was such an easy thing to fix. Worth giving it a look (as well as the rest of your drivers). 

I ended up going to my motherboards website and pulling their latest audio driver. I really hope this fixes the issue because man, having your pc hang for even a full second while trying to do pvm is quite annoying.

1 hour ago, Kordop said:

Nice specs! I'm not a computer guru by any means. Had the same issue on an XPS recently. Even though it said all drivers were up to date, after going to the motherboard manufacture's website there was a new release and it ended up fixing the issue I had (in my case an audio driver).

Good luck! Reformatting is a pain.

Thank both of you guys :)

Sorry for double post, lol

7 hours ago, FatalScroll said:

What does task manager say is causing the increased CPU usage?

I haven't been able to catch it yet. I imagine because it's on the e-cores and only for a second or less. I wish I could have some sort of report showing what happened over the past like minute or so.