Favorite combat style?

DeathByWii

Back in the days of 2008 magic was my favorite skill for a couple of reasons:

1-its magic and im a nerd so thats an immediate win

2-ranged was lame tbh , the only cool part about ranged at that time is robin hood hat and ranger boots for the fashion

3-i didnt like melee as much at the time cz i had to train attack and strength and it was super slow , dragon scimitar was the only reason i ever trained melee during that time , that thing looks so good even to this day

As for recent runescape i used to main melee on my ironman because of how powerful scythe is in slayer and how insanely easy it is to get masterwork gear compared to t90 ranged and magic (also scythe looks cool af probably one of the best looking weapons in the game) , basically for slayer i used melee the most and for pvm i used ranged (ascension cbows and needle strike animation are awesome) i almost never used magic i have like 106 magic while i have 120 att/str/ranged .

But now since i switched back to a main account i really really really want to try magic with how good magic is rn , so i transferred everything to my main from my ironman and bought a bunch of magic stuff , sadly im not rich enough to get seismic set or arma staff but its the goal one day.

So whats everyone favorite style in the past and present of this grindy game?

Funny enough, in most rpgs I loathe magic because it is usually blatantly over powered and not engaging. Magic in rs3 when I started actually being ok at the game, was not op by any stretch of the imagination and just made sense for me somehow plus melee is a pain at most encounters. Now magic is blatantly op but I’ve invested too much learning so I’ve become what I typically despise in rpgs. Mage nuke supreme

In the past it used to be ranged combined with melee. Basically because I lived for pkri's and wars (snipe team ftw!).
Nowadays my favorite combat style is magic. It's so powerful... I love to melee still too though, but that's only because of how I love the look of bandos armour :facepalm:

Think you'll really like magic on your main... hope you have fun!

I am speaking as someone who is not a PvMer and who knows next to nothing about the meta or about high-level strategies.

I love the concept behind and mobility tied to Ranged, so for overall styles, I would label that my favorite! It was my favorite style before EoC as well, simply because the animation of arrows seemed well-done in comparison to the others. :P

Dual-Wielded Melee, specifically, is a very well-done fantasy with the RS3 combat system, in my opinion. It captures a fun feeling that exceeds that of other types, and is easily my favorite overall substyle. :)

Ironically, Magic is usually my favorite style in RPGs -- but that's primarily because it tends to be tied to stats like "Intellect" or "Wisdom," which I try to max before anything else most of the time. (Spellcasting is awesome in its own respect, though!)

I do enjoy all of them, though! (When I bother with combat at all, that is.) :3

Range was OP when I played consistently. So I invested heavily into it. Then I leave for a year and mage took over pretty handedly. But I don't think I'll be switching to mage full time for a while yet. Working on the Pernix quiver personally at the moment, but want to get the Fractured Staff of Armadyl before switching over to mage full time :)

20 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

Funny enough, in most rpgs I loathe magic because it is usually blatantly over powered and not engaging. Magic in rs3 when I started actually being ok at the game, was not op by any stretch of the imagination and just made sense for me somehow plus melee is a pain at most encounters. Now magic is blatantly op but I’ve invested too much learning so I’ve become what I typically despise in rpgs. Mage nuke supreme

cant wait to nuke everything!

20 hours ago, Minikillers said:

In the past it used to be ranged combined with melee. Basically because I lived for pkri's and wars (snipe team ftw!).
Nowadays my favorite combat style is magic. It's so powerful... I love to melee still too though, but that's only because of how I love the look of bandos armour :facepalm:

Think you'll really like magic on your main... hope you have fun!

i sure do hope that i like it 

18 hours ago, Sirsir said:

I am speaking as someone who is not a PvMer and who knows next to nothing about the meta or about high-level strategies.

I love the concept behind and mobility tied to Ranged, so for overall styles, I would label that my favorite! It was my favorite style before EoC as well, simply because the animation of arrows seemed well-done in comparison to the others. :P

Dual-Wielded Melee, specifically, is a very well-done fantasy with the RS3 combat system, in my opinion. It captures a fun feeling that exceeds that of other types, and is easily my favorite overall substyle. :)

Ironically, Magic is usually my favorite style in RPGs -- but that's primarily because it tends to be tied to stats like "Intellect" or "Wisdom," which I try to max before anything else most of the time. (Spellcasting is awesome in its own respect, though!)

I do enjoy all of them, though! (When I bother with combat at all, that is.) :3

i always spec magic/spell related stuff in games 😄

14 hours ago, Red Rat17 said:

Range was OP when I played consistently. So I invested heavily into it. Then I leave for a year and mage took over pretty handedly. But I don't think I'll be switching to mage full time for a while yet. Working on the Pernix quiver personally at the moment, but want to get the Fractured Staff of Armadyl before switching over to mage full time :)

i was gonna get grico on my ironman but then they nerfed it and buffed magic and i didnt want to switch to magic on ironman because getting tectonic is not fun and the other option would be croseus which i wasnt in the mood of learning it so i ended switching to my main and going all in on magic