What kind of RS3 content do you like to watch?

CrabLegs

Hey, Gladz!

I was just having a discussion with some friends and we all basically agreed that other than guides/lootbox openings there is not a ton of RS3 content out there. So of course, it makes me wonder what you all like to watch? If there isn't anything that tickles your fancy, what would potentially get you interested?

Unfortunately, this is a MMO as a whole issue.  I've noticed MMOs aren't that popular/entertaining to watch outside of PVP, end-game content, or lootboxes like you said.

The content creator/streamer would be what "makes it or breaks it", speaking from experience as both a streamer and a viewer.

i love to watch progress videos , there is something cool about watching other people lvl up and use similar or different methods than you and see how they react , also clue openings are great

as for streaming i like to watch high end pvm content 

I will randomly be recommended channels with progress videos sometimes and then just skim the ones that look interesting to me. Usually an ironman or main account that's working on a boss log or on a very specific goal.

For streaming I'm into watching good personalities. It doesn't much matter what they are doing so long as the person hosting the stream is entertaining. Though, generally, PvM, especially group PvM can be a fun watch if shenanigans ensue.

I'll also literally throw up some streams just for their music. A lot of RS3 pvmers just stream pvm and sick tunes, which can be nice if you just wanna discover new music.

I am not interested in ironman account progress #2132313. That's over saturated.

I know you said RS3 content but y'know, if you haven't seen swampletics yet, it's a interesting watch. it's a dude who spent a stupid amount of time playing while limiting himself to Morytania only. He played it in osrs, as they added a new town there and a raid-type series of bosses there.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9wG5jGP32M

This illustrates the problem with Runescape content in general, though, because to pull off 12 hours of actual engaging content, he had to invest 5000. 

So if you're planning on creating RS content... be forewarned that it's probably not quite as lucrative as other types of content, given the time invested.

As far as current content, I keep track of creators such as Init Yeah, Protoxx, and Nuzz Nuzz, just because the videos they put out can affect market pricing of things briefly. On the off-chance I'm playing with something that they mention, I know why things go haywire for a couple of days. It's happened a couple of times. I also followed The RS Guy because Jagex has been listening to this fella recently and I'm not a fan but y'know. He might be NDA'd but he isn't going to spend time doing things that he doesn't see as worth it.

Generally though I don't watch RS content. However I am keeping up on Settled's tileman series, but that's ongoing (same creator as Swampletics). But, as before, it takes him weeks to crank out a new episode.

If you care to know what kind of content I do watch let me know, but it's generally very much non-RS related

Big fan of guides. Really like protoxx's content when he gives pretty valuable feedback/perspectives on the game in general. Also love seeing stuff from rswillmissit, has some interesting videos talking about rs collections.

16 hours ago, Aerrigo said:

Big fan of guides. Really like protoxx's content when he gives pretty valuable feedback/perspectives on the game in general. Also love seeing stuff from rswillmissit, has some interesting videos talking about rs collections.

I would have to agree with rswillmissit. I love that content the most. I also really enjoyed sir puggers videos before 50% of them were raid shadow legend ads.

1 hour ago, CrabLegs said:

I would have to agree with rswillmissit. I love that content the most. I also really enjoyed sir puggers videos before 50% of them were raid shadow legend ads.

You mean you don't want to play the most ambitious mobile game of 2020? /s