Solo Solak!? (latest Ninja Strike/in-game Combat updates)

thegreatwha

Latest patches apparently have made this so. Ironman accounts can now group boss with regular accounts. Zamorak loot table has been adjusted...AGAIN, and other things.

Link for reference.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/combat-mini-strike---this-week-in-runescape

Thoughts???

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH NOTES

IRONMAN BOSSING

• Removed combat restrictions for Ironman accounts interacting with normal ones:
    • Iron accounts can now enter boss instances alongside regular accounts.
    • Iron accounts will now be awarded drops in the same manner as normal accounts, including via Lootshare.
    • Removed grouping and matchmaking restrictions between account types for bosses.
    • Iron accounts are no longer required to use instances for bosses where an uninstanced version is available.
    • In line with the above, we have also removed the Iron discount for instances.

SOLAK

• Solak will now scale down to solo play using the same values per player as other group sizes.
    • Base lifepoints: 2,000,000
    • Core lifepoints: 125,000
    • Arm lifepoints: 45,000
    • Leg lifepoints: 35,000
    • If players damage Solak to his phase cap during Phase 2, further damage will now continue to deplete Solak’s purple bar instead of scaling down.
    • Removed the clearing of buffs and debuffs for the player who climbs up Solak’s arm.
    • Fixed a double-space typo in Solak’s chat attack callouts.
    • Retimed the projectiles to be consistent with the recent Raksha and Zamorak bosses.

Thank you to all the Solak Discords we consulted on this one!

ZAMORAK

BRONZE BOSS TITLES

Each of the 'Enrage' system bosses now has new 'Bronze' titles, achieved at kills of 1,000% enrage.

OTHER

• Bad luck mitigation can now only be accumulated if you are doing kills at 100% enrage or higher.
  • Your bad luck mitigation modifier now increases at different speeds depending on your enrage% of the kill
    • 100% - 1
    • 500% - 2
    • 1000% - 4
    • 2000% - 8
  • The drop chance of a rare item used to be caped at a 1 in 20 chance with bad luck mitigation, if you are doing a higher enraged kill this cap is lowered further to 1 in 10 at 1000% and 1 in 5 at 2000%
    • This is to fill in the gap between achieving the 500% enrage base title and the 2,000%'s silver title.
    • All future enrage bosses will release with Base, Bronze, Silver and Gold titles to reflect this change
    • The Dagannoth King pets have been visually updated to better reflect the bosses they come from.
    • NPC health bars should now more reliably disappear when the NPC dies.
    • Fixed an issue where daily challenges were not being progressed in some scenarios when using make-x
    • Fixed an issue that stopped rewards from the daily challenge ladder from being claimed in the Daemonheim lobby area
    • Fixed an issue where Arch-Glacor's Silver/Gold Iceborn titles wouldn't broadcast when earnt.
    • All default gameplay settings have been updated for new players to offer an improved experience
    • The money pouch tooltip has been reinstated.
    • Added missing blocking to walls in the tower south of Lumbridge Castle and the Champions’ Guild.

They really want people to do 100% Zammy runs now huh? Intersting. But this definitely does help people who can do high enrage I suppose.

I'm confused how solo solak would work. I think it would definitely be doable, but outpacing the realm phase would be interesting

2 hours ago, Red Rat17 said:

I'm confused how solo solak would work. I think it would definitely be doable, but outpacing the realm phase would be interesting

**[Important note, I guess, is I haven't done any Solak since it was made soloable, but I have solo'd the duo-scaled fight before changes. Shameless self-plug]**

Nothing really changes, just the HP caps on everything have been reduced so its more feasible to solo.
Getting through phase 1 to core will probably be an adjustment; You cant use mines on roots because they have too little hp, and you'll have to deal with them all yourself.

Hopefully you get it to cap or 1 cycle the core, or you'll have another round of 8 roots to deal with.

The final push is the interesting part to me, a 200k final push on p4 is very doable, but it might be a challenge for people expecting to walk into an easy solak solo. 

And then there's the whole 'Tank-Solak-for-the-entire-fight' thing people seem to avoid. 😅