Rings of Power

Alzorm

I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far. It's just that nicer take on fantasy I've been missing. It's actually kinda fun to have this to watch every week along with HOTD. More fantasy shows, pls.

3 hours ago, AmusedDragon said:

I've been enjoying it quite a bit so far. It's just that nicer take on fantasy I've been missing. It's actually kinda fun to have this to watch every week along with HOTD. More fantasy shows, pls.

Ye

I love this show I just watched the latest episode yesterday and oml the cliff hanger I am highly anticipating the next episode on Friday 

We started this week and watched the first two episodes. I’m for sure enjoying it. Much more than Peter Jackson’s take on the Hobbit, but less so than his masterpiece Lord of the Rings trilogy. I believe that they are doing the grandeur of the world justice. It’s nice to be back in middle earth, albeit through a different lens. 

On 10/2/2022 at 1:46 PM, Mrs Dewfus said:

I love this show I just watched the latest episode yesterday and oml the cliff hanger I am highly anticipating the next episode on Friday 

SAME SAME SAME !!! THE CLIFFHANGER GOT ME DEAD 

watching Rings of Power and House of Dragon as they come out. Have to say Rings of Power is superior so far >

13 hours ago, Veggie said:

The action scenes are so cliche, which is sort of expected from LotR/The Hobbit, but the story is fun. 

Yeah the 'elf is really good at combat and poses for the camera while slicing throats' and 'the day is saved when everyone arrives on horseback to slam into the enemy' are LotR staples now lol. They do make me laugh a little every time it happens. (At least the horseback bumrush is always neat)

1 hour ago, AmusedDragon said:

Yeah the 'elf is really good at combat and poses for the camera while slicing throats' and 'the day is saved when everyone arrives on horseback to slam into the enemy' are LotR staples now lol. They do make me laugh a little every time it happens. (At least the horseback bumrush is always neat)

you mean the good guys come save the day? spoilers :hmph:

1 hour ago, Drake M said:

you mean the good guys come save the day? spoilers :hmph:

I know you are memeing but I guess that's technically a spoiler.

But the funny thing is that is how I expect like 95% of the bigger battles to be won in this 5 season show.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm caught up now. Certainly had it's cliche moments, but overall I quite enjoyed it and look forward to future seasons. You can tell how much they invested in creating the world.

Spoiler

A bit disappointed that the wizard is Gandalf though - it's a couple thousand years too early and feels like an audience grab.

17 hours ago, Rafi said:

I'm caught up now. Certainly had it's cliche moments, but overall I quite enjoyed it and look forward to future seasons. You can tell how much they invested in creating the world.

Reveal hidden contents

A bit disappointed that the wizard is Gandalf though - it's a couple thousand years too early and feels like an audience grab.

what was with that twist at the end tho! i had my suspicions the whole but to have it confirmed at the end like that wow what a way to end it im highly looking forward to season 2