Is this a good computer?

Hex HD

thats bout right i spent near that much on my computer, if you look at my thread in this fourm.

bout the same specs, litte more HDD space, will be better GFX card

Well my old computer was about 6 years old so it was time for a new one. Probably gonna be running like crysis and other games like that.

Should be good for some time. 1gb video card is nice, shouldn't be lagging

Your post makes me ponder whether or not you know much about video cards at all. There are so many other factors that go into whether or not he should lag or not. For instance, his Gfx card is probably about the same quality wise as mine and I have a GTX 460 768mb card... it's plenty and I don't lag on any games I play.

Edit: to clarify my card isn't top of the line, it's about middle of the pack (same as this one) with less memory, I don't lag however because my resolution isn't gigantic, I have plenty of RAM and my CPU/Memory is fast.

It's a solid computer, should last a few years before being outdated by anything... I told you this on TS already however.

Edited by Damin

I told you this on TS already however.

I know I just wanted to see what other people thought. Nothing personal, not like I doubt your computer savvy-ness. Just getting more opinions that's all.

I told you this on TS already however.

I know I just wanted to see what other people thought. Nothing personal, not like I doubt your computer savvy-ness. Just getting more opinions that's all.

Ah naw wasn't taking it personal :P I just was re-iterating in the post that I had already stated my opinion on it XD

Your post makes me ponder whether or not you know much about video cards at all. There are so many other factors that go into whether or not he should lag or not. For instance, his Gfx card is probably about the same quality wise as mine and I have a GTX 460 768mb card... it's plenty and I don't lag on any games I play.

Edit: to clarify my card isn't top of the line, it's about middle of the pack (same as this one) with less memory, I don't lag however because my resolution isn't gigantic, I have plenty of RAM and my CPU/Memory is fast.

It's a solid computer, should last a few years before being outdated by anything... I told you this on TS already however.

Damin, I'm aware that there is more that goes into it then just the video cards size. I was meaning that by going higher then what is needed, he will be "future-proofing" and will last a couple years before needing to do anything to his computer barring hardware failing. Next time ill be more clear

Damin, I'm aware that there is more that goes into it then just the video cards size. I was meaning that by going higher then what is needed, he will be "future-proofing" and will last a couple years before needing to do anything to his computer barring hardware failing. Next time ill be more clear

I'm still confused by your reasoning that a 1GB card makes it "future-proof" but alright, I'll give you it.