Bossing equipment

BZ1

So I'm looking into bossing and was wondering what sort of equipment I'd need to get started. I have about 2b I'm willing to spend to kit myself out but I have no idea what I should be looking to get. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

59 minutes ago, BZ1 said:

So I'm looking into bossing and was wondering what sort of equipment I'd need to get started. I have about 2b I'm willing to spend to kit myself out but I have no idea what I should be looking to get. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

What experience level are you? What bosses do you want to do specifically? What gear do you already have/what levels do you already have?

We need more information to be really helpful here.

I decent setup for magic is to go the greater-conc route and get a wand/orb and you can even grab some cryptbloom w/ animate dead spell to have a easy time learning some bosses.

Or you can go the range route a doable setup these days is grico-inspirate-hydrix bolts w/ a dbow eof to spam dbows/have crazy adren.

There are obviously better options but for 2bil that's a 'high level' starting point.

5 minutes ago, AmusedDragon said:

What experience level are you? What bosses do you want to do specifically? What gear do you already have/what levels do you already have?

We need more information to be really helpful here.

I decent setup for magic is to go the greater-conc route and get a wand/orb and you can even grab some cryptbloom w/ animate dead spell to have a easy time learning some bosses.

Or you can go the range route a doable setup these days is grico-inspirate-hydrix bolts w/ a dbow eof to spam dbows/have crazy adren.

There are obviously better options but for 2bil that's a 'high level' starting point.

I have 99 in all combat skills but my gear is super lacking the best I have is for magic and that's the virtus wand and book with full seasingers augmented with subjugation boots and gloves. I don't really know what bosses are good to farm and don't know what combat style would be best in a group setting like if magic is best but everyone is a using it a ranger could be better for the overall group damage. I also have 120 in invention for augmenting.

I would definitely recommend magic based on the current options available in the game. Diversifying combat styles in a team isn't really a thing anymore in the game. Each style has some strengths, but you don't typically need the team to leverage each of those strengths in a fight.

Wand of the Cywir Elders is strictly better than Virtus Wand. If you have progress in Player Owned Ports you could work your way up to Seasinger Kiba (and upgrade it to Elite), otherwise Seismic Wand would be the next step.

If you don't have Greater Concentrated Blast unlocked, unlock ASAP. Same with Corruption Blast. For armor, you should upgrade to Anima Core of Seren or Virtus (can use Zuriel's Hood), and go with Blast Diffusion Boots and Cinderbane Gloves (use weapon poison+++ wherever you can poison enemies).

As for what you should do, I don't really know, it's easier to answer specific questions since the game changes a lot over time.

19 hours ago, Veggie said:

I would definitely recommend magic based on the current options available in the game. Diversifying combat styles in a team isn't really a thing anymore in the game. Each style has some strengths, but you don't typically need the team to leverage each of those strengths in a fight.

Wand of the Cywir Elders is strictly better than Virtus Wand. If you have progress in Player Owned Ports you could work your way up to Seasinger Kiba (and upgrade it to Elite), otherwise Seismic Wand would be the next step.

If you don't have Greater Concentrated Blast unlocked, unlock ASAP. Same with Corruption Blast. For armor, you should upgrade to Anima Core of Seren or Virtus (can use Zuriel's Hood), and go with Blast Diffusion Boots and Cinderbane Gloves (use weapon poison+++ wherever you can poison enemies).

As for what you should do, I don't really know, it's easier to answer specific questions since the game changes a lot over time.

Thanks for the recommendations on gear. I've started to buy them on the GE so here's hoping I can start bossing soon. I still need to grind out the Corruption blast but I think with what I'm getting I should be able to do that with time.

• 3 months later...

am looking for better melee gear, i currently have t85 leng swords and t90 nox scythe which weapon shall i get thats within the 100 m budget that will insure i get better dps or shall just grind magic instead?