How to choose your slayer task

Fedal

This is actually a pretty old feature but i just heard about it today, conveniently the same day new mobs are announced ##. Figured i'd share the very ethical method here

So it basically makes use of the interaction between 120 cape perk and slayer masks' ability to choose a task. The cape proc will take priority over the mask. So first off you grab a task from Laniakea wearing both a slayer mask and the 120 cape. You will get either one of these 2 dialogs:

rATTev8.png X0yUL2u.png

(i used abby demon but any can be used as long as Lania assigns them)

If you get the 2nd dialog (80% chance) it means the cape did not proc. Simply close the window/walk away and you won't be assigned any task. Now you go to lumbridge, do a quick task from Jacqueline and then back to Laniakea. If you get 2nd dialog again, repeat.

A quick way to do these back-and-forth between the 2 masters is with the NPC contact spell which lets you talk to both remotely. Block birds/cows/cave bugs/cave slimes/frogs/ghosts and you can even do this all from the lumby catacombs. Not needed but it speeds it up a lot. Very worth if you plan to do this for a while.

Also keep an eye out on task # to do 10th and 50th at Lania if you need points for whatever else. Happy slayin'

Id wager you could also do this method except join a co-op slayer group with your alt if you wanted your alt to get the task as well.

Used that method to get my alt a dragons task at lower slayer levels when ed2 hydrix was a thing.

i just got them back too =( slayer tasks arent too bad though if i need to get the souls for them, least i dont have 200m slayer yet unlike farming, that was rough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...