Note worthy quests to do in RS

TC Vardz

Hey guys, here soon im gunna start back up questing some more and i got everything up to plagues end done including plagues end. Just wondering if there is any noteworthy quests/ questlines i should work on for future unlocks ill need as i progress my account from mid game to end game. Any input would be great!

I'm by no means a questing expert but here's my 2 cents:

• The World Wakes
    • Unlocks several ultimate abilities, and is the quest that 'ends' the 5th age and 'starts' the 6th age. No firm requirements, but lots of 'suggested' quest requirements, each having plenty of solid rewards as well
  • Smoking Kills
    • Increases the number of slayer points earned per slayer assignment, among other rewards
  • Broken Home
    • Full disclosure, I haven't done this one. But apparently the follow-up completion reward of asylum surgeon's ring is a good PvM unlock
  • Impressing the Locals
    • Unlocks the Arc region
  • Sliske's Endgame, including pre-reqs
    • This is the storyline after the World Wakes
  • Aftermath, including pre-reqs
    • I haven't completed these yet but this is the storyline after the Sliske's Game series
  • The Light Within
  • City of Senntisten
    • for both of these, Similar to Desert Treasure and Temple at Senntisten, these quests both unlock more ancient curses and prayers

I'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind right now.

41 minutes ago, Beric said:

takes a literal 5 minutes

For some, not everyone :trollface:

Extinction quest for passive vigour ring effect.

Nab the infernal puzzlebox inside ED4 and knock out the zamorak line of quests associated with it for the passive no adren drain as well.

Flaffers and Beric both gave great advice. :3

Flaffers already got most of it (and has more), but I'm going to quote an older post of mine here, since I think it's the sort of list you're looking for:

On 2/4/2022 at 2:56 PM, Sirsir said:

Here are some generally excellent quests to work towards and complete:

• "Smoking Kills" (don't even bother doing Slayer after Level 35 before this)
  • "The Jack of Spades" (Menaphos)
  • "Plague's End" (Prifddinas and all its wonders)
  • "Desert Treasure" (landmark quest for future ones, and unlocks Ancient Magicks)
    • Sequel: "Temple at Senntisten" (Ancient Curses, which are absolutely essential for PvM and even Slayer)
  • Fairy Tale Quest Series (fairy rings; magic secateurs, magic watering can)
  • "Broken Home" (Asylum Doctor's / Surgeon's Ring)
  • "Monkey Madness" (Monkey Greegrees to access Ape Atoll and its agility course)
  • "Deadliest Catch" (various Bank Deposit Boxes for skilling)
  • "Lunar Diplomacy" (Lunar Spells, Lunar Isle)
  • "The Branches of Darkmeyer" (free nondegradable tier 70 weaponry; previous quests unlock the Temple Trekking / Burgh de Rott Ramble minigames)
    • Sequel: "River of Blood" (augmentable tier 78 Sunspear that is great for vyrelords)
  • "The World Wakes" (many rewards, including Sunshine and Death's Swiftness Ultimates as well as multiple XP lamps; landmark quest that is not required for but which occurs before every single Sixth Age quest)
    • Prequel (but can be completed after): "Ritual of the Mahjarrat" (multiple rewards, including Glacor Cave and Glacor Slayer task and bane ammunition; essential landmark quest)
  • "The Light Within" (Seren Spells and Prayers to upgrade the Ancient sets, focused on skilling and group mechanics)
    • Sequel: "Sliske's Endgame" (great XP rewards; pretty useful skilling items)

I'm sure I missed more than a few, but it's difficult to come up with a generic list! I apologize if this isn't particularly helpful for you. :(

Hopefully that helps! Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. :)

Oh and Throne of Miscellania and follow-up Royal Trouble, if you've not already done those. They unlock the kingdom management which passively gives resources over time.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a helpful post. Currently working on the City of Senntisten quest pre reqs and it looks like there are a few others that i should do as well. Crazy what some of these quest rewards are compared to quests back in the day...