MAX CASH UPDATE & COMMUNITY HIT LIST: FIRST STRIKE

thegreatwha

Just what it says folks. 

My computer is just waking up, but here's the link below. 

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/max-cash-update--community-hit-list-first-strike?allcat=false

Max Cash update Info:

Spoiler

Max Cash Increase
Carry and trade more Gold than ever before!

It's time to liquidate those Spirit Shards, folks… With today’s update, you’re no longer limited to trading up to 2.147 billion Gold. You can now trade up to 2.147 quintillion Gold.

Which is literally a billion times more. Money, honey!

Here are your stratospheric new max cash limits:

Amount Usage
2,147,483,647 Live max
53,687,091,175 Max stack of Spirit Shards value
268,435,455,875,000 Max stack of Spirit Shard Packs value
2,147,483,649,147,483,647 New max

These are big changes: we wanted to use a graph to explain it visually, but the new max just eclipses everything before it! The simple headline is that a single player could now hold the current total wealth of the entire game in their Pouch - several hundreds of times over.

What does this all mean for you, a go-getting Gielinor billionaire? Well, gone are the days of having to worry about purchasing enough Spirit Shards to contain your massive wealth, since your Pouch will now hold up to this new maximum amount (just as well those coins don't weigh anything, huh). You can also buy or sell highly valued items without needing to chase down the other player, because it can all be handled via the Grand Exchange. If you actually prefer trading player-to-player, of course, that’s fine too! The trade window also reaches the new maximum.

What doesn't change is your Inventory and Bank. You won't be able to hold 2,147 quintillion Shards in them, but hey, that shouldn't hold you back too much since you can just carry it all around with you.

This update may seem simple on the surface, but numbers never are. There have certainly been plenty of technical hurdles on the journey to this point! As such, we will be closely monitoring all aspects of the update, to fine-tune any oddities and clear up any pitfalls.

Please note that in the interim we will not be manually editing any prices, but rather monitoring the mid-price of max integer items like Party Hats - then if a stable price emerges we can look to update them accordingly.

Patch Notes:

Spoiler

COMMUNITY HITLIST

• You can now rotate the camera using the arrow keys while holding the shift key.
  • Wilderness flash events won't close other minigame interfaces when their timers run out.
  • Removed the Wilderness teleport restrictions while you are opted out of PvP.
  • A Quick Chat option has been added to display how many Wilderness events you have completed.
  • The Wilderness flash event teleport can now be accessed from the Wilderness Sword 4, as well as the Hosts in Edgeville. Completing "Far-Reaching and Wild-Ranging" achievement is still required.
  • Removing the Demonic Skull will no longer leave you opted into PvP.
    • If you are carrying the Demonic Skull on you and you enter the Wilderness you will be Skulled, but upon leaving you will be able to remove the Demonic Skull and not need to opt out of PvP at the NPC.
  • God Books can now be charged with multiple pages at once.
    • This also includes Illuminated God Books, EGWD Scriptures and Erethdor's Grimoire.
  • Training Dummy placement has been extended around Banks.
  • A 'Fill All' option has been added to the Blessed Flask in the Inventory and Bank - use this to fill it with all available Extreme Prayer Potions in your Inventory.
  • Text in dialogue boxes will now scale to a larger font size where possible.
  • Iron players can now receive the effects of the following abilities from other players, assuming they have unlocked the non-skill requirements for that ability:
    • Intercept
    • Heal Other and Heal Group
    • Vengeance Other and Vengeance Group
    • Ruby Aurora
    • Kal'gerion Demon Familiar Special (Crit-i-Kal)
  • Players can no longer gather resources after Croesus has been defeated.
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn't jump the crevasse in the Death Plateau Quest Cave (after knocking down the wall in Sabbot's Cave).
  • The Elite Karamja Diary’s daily Tokkul can be collected from TzHaar-Hur-Zuh using a right-click option (Elite Diary must still be acquired).
  • Pineapples and Seaweed can be bought from Arhein either through the right-click option or via packs in the shop.
  • The Area Loot radius has been adjusted on PC to match Mobile.
  • Players are no longer prevented from moving when using Rapid Fire while equipped with Fleeting Boots and Shadow Glaive.
  • Clue Scan sounds have been audibly rebalanced to sound clearer.

GENERAL

• The Golden Cape Hunt Event now works as expected when skilling in the Clan Citadel.
  • Uncut Onyx and Uncut Hydrix Gems can no longer be saved while using a Portable Crafter.
  • Fixed an issue where the Golden Rock tab was not displayed within the Statue Collection Bag interface.
  • Re-introduced Beach Event cosmetics can now be unlocked and used by free-to-play accounts.

So what are your thoughts on this whole "New Max Cash" update?

I never hit max cash ever at one time...so not important to me. The teleporting anywhere in the wilderness though I was just thinking the other day how it didn't make sense to not be able to tp out anymore since it's non dangerous

God Books can now be charged with multiple pages at once.

This also includes Illuminated God Books, EGWD Scriptures and Erethdor's Grimoire.

Praise be

Can't say the new max cash stack will ever be useful for me but I love the new colours they've added! 

The Max Cash update does not affect me in the slightest, but I'm glad for its beneficial effects on the trading of rares and the economy. :lol: 

This is a great patch week, to be sure! I'll especially enjoy the teleportation restrictions being lifted when not skulled in Wildy, 

I think its just going to let the rich get richer🤣

but I think it makes sense to finally include actual value for the entirety of the games economy

wildy teles, blessed flask fill, & god book page fills for a MAJOR W for sure!

& I imagine iron mans are going to love the ability sharing <3 

They've been trying to tackle the cash stack technical issue for years and years. Finally did it. As others have said, it won't effect me, but it will be a major QOL improvement for the wealthy wealthy amongst us. 

• 3 weeks later...