Dealing with Bots in the GE

Triponacci

Today while processing some incense sticks, I had one of those "Selling my last items" bots which was just spamming the chat, and as usual I eventually decided to see what I could do about it.

This method worked, but could have been a fluke. I recommend someone else give it a try and post results;

Step one: Fill inventory with whatever. (Just have 0 spaces. May not be important, but only worked when I had my inv full.)
Step two: Spam the bot with trade requests. (Keep sending requests so that the trade screen is interrupted by another request. Basically, exit the trade screen without hitting decline.)
Step three: Do this until you see their chat mess up or stop. (You will either see the chat repeat like "Selling my last items 285mSelling my last items 285mSelling my last items 285m" or the chat will stop.)

If the chat stopped, congrats! It worked, now simply wait and the account will log out due to inactivity. 
The key is just to get the chat bot to think you are still in a trade screen, which should happen by spamming, and idk if the full inventory thing helps but again, that's just the condition that worked for me.

Hope someone else finds this as amusing as I did.

@VeelishSo far it has caused bot owners to HAVE to sit there and monitor their bot.

No more anime while afk, they have to actively avoid certain trades, or the bot gets fucked up :P

@VeelishThank you for confirming it worked for you as well!

That's great news! We, as players, will not have to rely on Jagex to handle these instances.. for now anyway, lol :laugh: