Herblore Advice

UkyoFox

I want to raise my level in Herblore so that I can proceed to make overloads? My real question is there any quest/mini quest/items or gear that will speed up the training in anyway?

Botanist outfit is helpful and the Scroll of Cleansing from the dungeoneering shop.

It is definitely a skill I wait until double xp to train.

Apart from what Unreal said, stock up on cores and bonus xp as well as going to portables during bxpw alongside your Botanist outfit for the most experience! Remember to use your premier artifact and clan avatar (if possible) for maximum gainsssss! 

Herblore's a pricey one for sure but the cape looks dope!

3pc factory outfit helps make the occasional 4 dose instead of 3 dose.

Botanist mask + addon can duplicate potions

Botanist neck gives an additional 10% chance to make 4 dose potion 

Portable saves materials + 10% extra xp.

Scroll of cleansing from dg also saves 10% of your secondary materials.

I didn't bother getting herblore outfits or anything. What I did is make super combat potions to train in preparation for making overloads. Super attack, super strength, super defense, super ranged and super magic are used to make extreme variants which in turn are used for overloads. The Super 4 dose can also be used to upgrade to elder overload. The big thing for me is buy the dungeoneering scroll that lets you save ingredients, use a portable well, and then use the brooch of the gods. It is pricey but well worth it in free comps and giving free potions and saving ingredients.

If you want to save time, you can make potion machines at invention guild to make unfinished potions. Remember these grant 1 xp. Finished potions gives the most which is why I either used machines or did unfinished potions in between double exp. I grew most of the herbs and supplies myself but you can certainly buy extra if you need to. Powerbursts and bombs are really good exp but they are pricey. The catch is unlike overloads they are tradeable so if you decide to sell you can get some of the money you invested back. But I got over 25k bottled roar, 10,000 beak snot, 12,000 arbuck and other goodies from farming. And that was more than enough for 120 and 200m herblore over 2 dxps. It took around 80 something hours. Majority of 2 dxp weeks was done solely doing herblore. Vuln bombs and powerbursts are best done when you get the improved recipe plus 2 to use less ingredients. I did vitality and acceleration the most with vuln bombs and then various overloads and extremes by upgrading my super potions

Edited by Hotqueen 76