Game-wide Combat XP changes + Necro Crit system

Deathcon

In todays necromancy blog they revealed bigger XP changes / monster rebalancing than expected and i wanted to share the info beforehand and get peoples thoughts.

Todays standard....well there really isnt one, some monsters give more xp compared to monsters with higher HP. They're aiming to go back to a similiar OSRS route

do you remember doing 1 damage and getting 4 xp in strength? xp is tied to HP now in the same regard.

We have iterated on an HP-based XP system (which may be recognisable to long time veterans or Old School-ers) wherein the greater the foe's HP, the higher the XP yield for defeating them - currently at a rate of 50Xp to 1000 Health.

Wiki links  about monster changes

https://runescape.wiki/w/2023_changes_to_monster_combat_stats

Wiki link to combat XP

https://runescape.wiki/w/2023_changes_to_combat_experience

This makes everything fair game, more hp=more xp and no weird outliers.

Necro hit chance/Crit system

On top of this, we've made major changes to how accuracy functions in Necromancy. Your abilities will consistently hit, but accuracy now dictates how successfully your attacks find their mark. Damage will scale down to a minimum damage floor based on your accuracy.

14.png

Your attacks will land, but accuracy will now inform how much of the attack got through to your target. Tooltips have been adjusted to showcase a clearer indication of how this works.

We've adjusted critical strikes, too! Necromancy has a base critical strike chance of 10%. When you hit a target, you're rolling a 10-sided die to see if it should be a critical strike, and if so, we apply a 1.25x (or +25%) damage multiplier to the attack.

15.png

This critical strike damage increases as you level Necromancy, all the way up to a critical strike dealing 1.75x (or +75%) damage. This also applies to existing critical strike systems, so for example, biting gizmos from Invention, Erethdor's Grimoire and Reaver's Ring will all work alongside these systems!

These systems are currently only going to be active with Necromancy but if the playerbase resonates with them we can look to include it in other combat styles.

11 minutes ago, Beric said:

Welp. Guess I've got some work to do this coming DXP. 

It's better to play the long game and just wait until ED11, which will grant 1M XP per kill. :reporter: 

People were saying on reddit that this is a huge nerf to combat xp... I don't know enough about it, but I will probably be spending most of my dxp on combat stuff getting to high 90s/99s if possible.

It's good to have goals 😄

all this means is best exp is going to be a mix of 3 things. how fast you can kill the mob, how many you can fight/kill at the same time, and how quick they respawn. so best exp is a mobs that you can kill fast, respawn fast, and there are like a million of em. plenty of locations that are at least semi optimal and slayer dungeon will be fine too

14 hours ago, Kris_Kronkle said:

all this means is best exp is going to be a mix of 3 things. how fast you can kill the mob, how many you can fight/kill at the same time, and how quick they respawn. so best exp is a mobs that you can kill fast, respawn fast, and there are like a million of em. plenty of locations that are at least semi optimal and slayer dungeon will be fine too

The Abyss training method is back baby

On 7/27/2023 at 9:13 PM, Kris_Kronkle said:

Not to mention Shattered Worlds: essentially limitless mobs, can be scaled for combat level and gear, as well as instanced rounds. Of course, you probably won't see a real xp turnaround until aoe abilities are unlocked. 

Edited by thegreatwha
1 hour ago, thegreatwha said:

Not to mention Shattered Worlds: essentially limitless mobs, can be scaled for combat level and gear, as well as instanced rounds. Of course, you probably won't see a real xp turnaround until aoe abilities are unlocked. 

Also depends on what your hitchance against them ends up being

11 minutes ago, Deathcon said:

Also depends on what your hitchance against them ends up being

Factaroni. I guess that goes across the board, maybe suggesting more preferred monsters/mobs over others. It would be interesting to know hit chance probability, considering Shattered Worlds is designed for mob smashing. Consider the lowest level mobs, and that in relation to different tiered Necro gear. I guess the same could be said of every other combat skill, but we're taking Necro here. I'm imagining the scales no being far off from over another, but then again 🤷‍♂️.

3 hours ago, thegreatwha said:

Factaroni. I guess that goes across the board, maybe suggesting more preferred monsters/mobs over others. It would be interesting to know hit chance probability, considering Shattered Worlds is designed for mob smashing. Consider the lowest level mobs, and that in relation to different tiered Necro gear. I guess the same could be said of every other combat skill, but we're taking Necro here. I'm imagining the scales no being far off from over another, but then again 🤷‍♂️.

https://pvme.github.io/hit-chance-calculator/

could mess around - undead mobs were added today while people were theorycrafting since Salve ammy is so strong.

just make sure your attack style is the same as a mob (if mob melees make sure you use a melee attack style to replicate necro)