Spending my double XP wisely

Piersr

I would divide skills into two groups, and neither are "bad" to train.

Buyable Skills:

• Herblore

• Construction

• Summoning (along Combat skills and Slayer)

• Smithing

• Cooking

• Fletching

• Firemaking

• Crafting

• Prayer (Seren stones only. Altars are not doubled)

Grinding/gathering skills

• Fishing

• Hunter

• Woodcutting

• Mining

• Thieving

• Divination

• Agility

• Dungeoneering

In general, you always want to use up any materials you have for buyable skills first. These cost money to train, so double exp is the cheapest you'll ever be able to train. Especially skills such as summoning and herblore, which have largely fixed costs.

Once you finish using up your raw materials for the buyable skills, you should focus on the gathering/grinding skills you want to focus on.

I generally recommend avoiding prayer, Runecrafting, and archeology, as some of the most efficient methods of training those do not benefit from double exp.

Hope this helps!

Alternatively you could do Archaeology. Excavating only. Save restoring until after dxp

12 hours ago, Piersr said:

Any tips for a noob on spending double XP weekend time wisely? Which skills are best to train?

Id ask what your intentions/goals are / post pic of your stats / budget/gear

On 7/29/2023 at 1:08 AM, Red Rat17 said:

Buyable Skills:

• Summoning (along Combat skills and Slayer)

You mean grinding ceature by doing slayer task to get a stockpile of  charms to be able to to train summoning ?

at least, it's what I've planned to do with my remaining 15h of DXP, I'm currious to see if they are a more efficient way for training summoning.

3 hours ago, Dre Wynri said:

You mean grinding ceature by doing slayer task to get a stockpile of  charms to be able to to train summoning ?

at least, it's what I've planned to do with my remaining 15h of DXP, I'm currious to see if they are a more efficient way for training summoning.

Correct, so you have to farm the charms. But once you have those, you can buy the secondary item, summoning shards, and pouches from the vendors and grand exchange. But because its double exp, you're saving money because the EXP you get is doubled.