F1 discussion

MrsDewwBerry

I know we have some F1 fans in the CC so I am just curious who else might be a fan of F1?

who is your favorite driver? my personal fav is yuki or Charles 

who is your favorite team? mine would be red bull right now max is one heck of a driver for red bull 

who would be your least favorite driver? controversial my least favorite is Lewis I just feel like he acts like a big baby because he's not winning anymore and rare on the podiums anymore same with toto wolf I cant stand how immature they act because they aren't winning anymore 

the most underrated team right now for me would McLaren in the last couple of races lando and Oscar  have really stepped up their game and doing fairly well, my heart broke for Oscar in the last race getting retired after just the first lap :(   

let me know if there are any other F1 fans in the CC :D 

Formula 1 discussion?! Poggers! :pogchamp:

While it´s shame how one sided the championship is, it is still great how super competitive best of the rest and midfield is! <3

I have been proud of Yuki Tsunoda´s progress as an driver this season, his first 2 season were low-end mediocre so it´s great to see him show such progress. Also that Alpha Tauri car is mostly hot piece of garbage.

My biggest good surprise is how good Oscar Piastri has been. He is rookie, but he rarely makes mistakes in races and is mostly keeping with Lando Norris whom I rate highly as driver.

While it´s shame how Aston Martin has dropped off, but they have still show they mean business, or at least with Fernando Alonso in wheel... Lance stroll has been ( unsurprisingly ) mediocre.

Edited by Runekone
1 hour ago, Runekone said:

While it´s shame how Aston Martin has dropped off

Yea not sure what happened with them they were on their A game at the start of season and alonso was getting consistent podiums but they just seem to have dropped down recently which is a shame :( 

plus i find it kind of odd they swapped out devries mid season for Ricardo and it doesn't seem like he's performing very well while yuki has been really performing well it seems like I am just saying it because he wasn't really in a F1 car for a while and its taking some time for him to refamiliarize himself with the car, oscar should get rookie of the year he really at the top of his game performing very well.

53 minutes ago, Mrs Deww said:

i find it kind of odd they swapped out devries mid season for Ricardo

I did not find it odd myself. De vries did downright horrendous job at AT, but they should have given him at least full year. Honestly this season´s biggest disappointment for me is De vries, he is 27 if I remember right and has a lot of racing experience. :dunno:

20 minutes ago, Runekone said:

downright horrendous job

I will agree he did horrible but i don't think Riccardo is really doing much better if im being honest i think he is doing worse then De vries but again that could just due to Riccardo being out of an F1 car for a while and needing to acustom to a new car he has not driven before and just getting use to driving again

• 3 weeks later...

Formula one will soon have race again! It´s hard to wait for next race when there is long breaks between races. 

I am excited to see if Daniel Riccardo is truly washed up or was De vries just flat out bad driver. oh and I hope Aston Martin will bring some good upgrades soon!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 7:52 PM, Runekone said:

Daniel Riccardo

this poor man cant catch a break 😧 but lawson has been performing very well in his place while he recovers 

p.s. sorry for such a long delay on response haha i forgot i started this thread, the next race i have literally been waiting all season for because its my favorite track :D im super excited im actually going to stay up late and watch it live while its on also thank goodness for the sky sports app and the f1 app so i can actually watch it while im away on my family's vacation 

2 hours ago, Mrs Deww said:

the next race i have literally been waiting all season for because its my favorite track

Yeah Singapore looks darn good with it´s night qualifying and race!

27 minutes ago, Runekone said:

Yeah Singapore looks darn good with it´s night qualifying and race!

singapore and honestly japan are the 2 races i look forward to each year 

• 5 months later...

Reposting this for my f1 fans, what are your thoughts on Hamilton moving teams next year? do you think its just for a change of pace or do you think he has lost faith in Mercedes car?

Considering that this topic has been once again brought back to life I must post here my opinions here :pogchamp:

I think Hamilton´s move to Ferrari is quite exciting! Honestly I been wondering when he would make that move, but as Mercedes was so dominant and competitive 2014-2021 he had no reason to do it (overall it was just clearly stupid move to do), but as Mercedes has been stuck at mediocrity last few years it makes sense! Even if he does not win anything on the Ferrari, he at least has "been there and done that" bragging rights!

I am interested how will Leclerc do against Hamilton! I am quite sure that Leclerc will win Qualifying head to head against aging Hamilton, but to me considering the 2023 season, Hamilton's race pace is still top class while Leclerc has been time to time been making rookie mistakes in the race when it matter most :dunno:   

Speaking of Ferrari Oliver bearman sure came out running this pace race placing 7th as their reserve driver while Carlos was recovering! I sure hope he gets his chance soon in F1 it would be very interesting to see him  full time on  the track but i also dont want to see another Nick DeVerys replay where he places good as a reserve but under performs as a full time driver

Personally havent watched much F1, my dad is a huge fan of it,
tho what i've seen so far from the last while is that it's not like "ooh i wonder who's gonna be first"
it's more like "how many seconds will max be ahead this time?"

It seems like a great fun sport but kinda hard to watch sometimes when the first place is just, so consistently 1 person >.<
(Also i wish i could interact more on the term of swapping car brands tho i know little to none about that sadly)

Edited by ArctiKfoxy
10 minutes ago, ArctiKfoxy said:

when the first place is just, so consistently 1 person >.<

This has been  a fairly common remark regarding f1 recently, but will all the stuff going on with Christin Horner the red bull team boss and all the stuff I have been seeing regarding max's dad talking with Toto Wolff there has been lots of talks of either Max or Carlos taking Hamilton's place in Mercedes, I have also seen some stuff about Botas talking with them also about trying to lay down a contract which wouldn't be such a bad idea Toto and Hamilton both have gone on the record of saying they wouldn't have had all that success without Botas, but he has been highly underperforming on his new team sadly

9 hours ago, MrsDewwBerry said:

Botas, but he has been highly underperforming on his new team sadly

Bottas* :P But yeah last year was okay considering that the team has been quite horrendous recently (aside from 2022 when they started really strong), but last two races, especially Jeddah, has been pure mediocrity from Bottas :dunno: