Printer trouble

Darktigergx

I have a photosmart d110 all in one from HP. It worked fine when I first got it with the exception of scanning. I tried to fix the scanning part today and someone told me to reinstall it, I did this and now it wont even print. I printed the wireless test page and the printer test page by connecting to it manually thru the IP. It runs off a wireless network, connected and everything. I try to print something and it sends it to the queue, where it says Printing... The printer doesnt go to a loading screen or change in any way, i waited 10minutes for one of them and nothing happened. Oh and I have reinstalled it mulitple times, using the CD once and the online drivers once.

Edited by Darktigergx
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran some stuff to get everything off completely, i havent tried it again yet cuz i got lazy, im going to install it again when i get out of work

• 2 weeks later...

I finally decided to try installing it again, got it installed, and looks like it installed correctly. However now I get a message that pops up that says the cartridges are not compatible the way that they are configured. They are in and locked and the same ones that came with the printer.

I just tried to scan, realign the printer, and it has a self clean cartridge. Scanning finally works which was my orginal problem and why I uninstalled. The realignment and cleaning both print test pages which worked fine. Still cant print anything else

Edited by Darktigergx

try taking the cartridges out with the printer turned off. turn on the printer so it knows it has no ink. turn it off again and reinstall them

The printer has an option that says reset to factory defaults, ill look on the computer as well..where would i find it?

Just tried the thing on the printer...same error message

Edited by Darktigergx

tried it, still wont work. this shit us fucking annoying. It still allows me to print a printer status report too. So obviously the cartridges work

Try reinstalling the drivers again but make sure to redownload them from the HP website and uninstall the old driver from device manager

spent 2 hours with HP support, they gave me a generic driver so i can at least print. I get to wait til tomorrow so they can figure out what the fuck is wrong with it. It actually does print with the real driver but takes 2 minutes to send it and the error message still comes up

Well after 4 phone calls and a weekish later it is fixed..for now. I have no idea what they did other than re install it about 25 times and clean out the registry a couple times. He also installed some parts of the driver from another HP printer so its all ghetto rigged, but it works..scanning, printing and copying so i'm happy.