AFK Vindy - with Necromancy

GNT Patrick

Well - those of you who know me know that I'm an AVID hunter of Vindica.

FjphtyK.png

Well I thought to myself - How do I continue to afk Vindy while I'm wokring over here - with as little input as possible and somehow make it necromancy. I scoured some forums and found a guy who was testing it - well I threw a few minor changes in it and created my own version of it that works! Now I'm not 120 necromancy yet, so some of the things will need some work - but let me give you a rundown of how this process works if you want to try it.

Why use Necromancy over Magic?

Magic - perks would including full magic tank armour to literally never worry about food.... ever..... if you wear five pieces of cryptbloom and have animate dead on with soul split - you're golden. Super safe this way

Using Legendary Pet for drops - you get roughly 41 KPH (See PVME Discord for details)

Necromancy - Now I tested only three hours mind you - but I, while fully afk, got 48KPH! With the average cost per kill with 100% reputation at Vindicta RIGHT NOW - that is an extra 2,828,801.5 GP/hour. What is the tradeoff for this? Its slightly less afk. Without the max protection from animate dead, you take harder hits (Another reason I want to test my tank necro gear - more to come on that), but other than using Excalibur every 5 minutes, and waiting for ALT1 to tell me I have low health and need to eat - its not that bad.

Why use Animate Dead over Darkness?

Simple - Darkness sucks (Just kidding). I tested Darkness with full power armour at Kerapac and it worked out great - but Vindy's damage comes from the AOE fire line - or in this case, non-auto attacks, which is key for darkness. Some might ask "Why not use both animate dead AND darkness?" - well you can't - they both count as "Aspects of Evasion" and you can only have one at the same time. In this case, animate dead is the better choice.

Gear

1. For full afkness (like I always do) just use a legendary pet to pick up drops

2. Use 3 pieces of Cryptbloom (I used helm, boots, and gloves) 

3. Animate dead is king

4. I use amulet of souls as a cheaper cost-per-hour ratio than EOF - but EOF would work

5. Zuk cape is a must

6. T90 Power Chest/Legs - I can test this with tank later, but for now this is what I use

7. Jas book - active

8. Penance Aura

9. Reavers Ring - probably a better one, but this is what I've used

c9enU0E.png

Inventory - I set up for 3-4 hours at a time - so this is my long-term inventory lol

1. Typical PVM stuff - Excalibur for healing (you'll need it) and occasionally the elven ritual shard

2. Elder Overloads (or whatever you have) - cheaper than salves - dont use salves

3. Ectoplasm for summons

4. Rune pouches with runes for animate dead

5. spring cleaner - lots of salvage

6. lots of sharks

6abSigc.png

Revolution Bar

From here - I tested this revo bar - 

Disclaimer: I only moved 1 or 2 things around - but I'm sure someone will come up with something better - just based it on the original I saw somewhere

kJiFvDT.png

Hit Chance

You can see that I'm not quite 120 yet - only 110, so someone with higher Necromancy can test it out to get a better picture of what the hit chance looks like at max level. But here it goes for 110 necromancy with this same gear as above

Phase 1

WUsMkdC.png

Phase 2

TC62JaS.png

Conclusion

Necromancy is overpowered - this is a good way to level while making money - EXP is 5k/kill or roughly 240k/hour - which isn't bad, and going off of average kills with max reputation, its currently 19.3M/hour - so go out there and chase your lances!!!!!!!

Do you run out of prayer if you switch Penance aura for Penance powder? If not, you could use that with a KPH boost aura like Dark Magic or Maniacal to increase gp/h. Switching elders for salves is another potential option for sustaining prayer if downgrading to powder isn't quite enough on its own. This is mostly relevant because it lets the prayer renewal and elder overload go in the auto potion drinker at the same time - if not using that, I imagine elders plus super prayer renewals would be better than salves, but I am a big fan of not looking at the screen for ten minutes.
Incidentally, I think the bolt chance from necro power armor for the AFK autokills is probably better than the dodge chance from the tank 90 passive.

30 minutes ago, Meluseek said:

or Maniacal

I have a very big brain, as we can all see. Dark Magic and Mahjarrat are the damage options, not Dark Magic and Maniacal.

Ful book should also be better than Jas book - at least, it is everywhere else.
This is a very appealing method for anyone who doesn't already have BIS mage though, since that costs way more to set up, what with the enchantment on the channeler's ring, greater concentrated blast, high end wand/orb, etc etc.
Since the only spell you plan on casting with the Necromancy method is Animate Dead, you can save an inventory slot by putting all four runes in a single pouch and wearing that one. 
The accuracy boost from the EOF should be worth at least an extra kill an hour, in theory; if this is the case, it pays for its own upkeep cost and makes your timing more consistent.

Edited by Meluseek

PVMe Discord has been edited to include a few necromancy afk methods!!!!!

I can tell  you a few things by trying different things

1. using any more than 3 pieces of T95 armour is not advised - it throws off timing of summoning familiars once you get that 4th item equipped

2. You can use the "Default Setup" with T90 weapons - it works

3. Using the Default setup with T90 weapons - the longest kill time I have is 48 seconds - I get roughly 51KPH with this setup

4. Using the Minimal setup - you get roughly 45-48KPH from my testing 

All testing is 100% afk - dont touch the mouse or keyboard aside from pots and darkness/animate dead

On 9/4/2023 at 9:00 PM, Meluseek said:

Ful book should also be better than Jas book - at least, it is everywhere else.

*I don't have a Ful book - or I'd test it lol. I got the drop for both my Wen and Jas, so I just use them because I earned it. I'm going to eventually try and get my Ful book

On 9/4/2023 at 8:30 PM, Meluseek said:

Do you run out of prayer if you switch Penance aura for Penance powder? If not, you could use that with a KPH boost aura like Dark Magic or Maniacal to increase gp/h.

I am lazy - I want the most afk setup possible when I'm working, so I dont use penance powder - I just use my penance aura. I have not tested Dark Magic or Majarrat (Dont even have majarrat lol) 

Very rarely have I had to use my ancient elven ritual shard - and even  rarer for using enhanced Excalibur. 

Turns out - after more testing - and leveling up Necro - I now need to use my elven shard whenever it is off cooldown. I can speed up kills by prepping my ghost prior Vindy spawn (but thats not as afk). So in general - its like 52kph right now afk, but I have to use my elven shard when I use an elder overload. Not that bad honestly. And you dont NEED darkness - as long as you are okay using excalibur every 5 minutes as well.

Tested Penance powder + salve in autodrinker + damage boosting aura for 2 hours
Clicked 4 times in 36 minutes (3x aspect of evasion at 12 minute mark, 1x turn on auto drinker)
Would do again

• 3 months later...

I'm the kind of guy who will build 5 souls and 12 necrosis stacks, run in and do a split-soul living death blast for a 10s kill ;)