The Hobbit

Ethan

So I just came upon an image showing V from V For Vendetta next to an image of Hugo Weaving, and for whatever reason I was unaware of this... so then I thought of Elrond, and then The Hobbit. Looked it up on IMDB for shits, and found some pictures. I'M SO EXCITED!

And for those unaware, they're doing it in two parts (Thank Gandalf). First one is The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. 2012 & 2013 release dates.

Anyways, here are some pictures...

Thorin

oz6aP.png

Dwalin & Balin

fRLWa.png

Bombur & Bofur & Bifur

bvWbt.png

Kili & Fili

a9kmA.png

Thief & Crew

WCvSX.png

harry potter > lord of the rings

Lord of the rings is a harry potter wannabe :youmad:

Agreed. We should restructure our ranks to fit Harry Potter instead. Leader = Ministers of Magic, Rider = Headmasters, etc.

I think The Hobbit and Lord of the Flies were the only assigned books in school that I read.

I remember our teacher was talking about the book and said dildo instead of bilbo. Man, in 7th grade that was about the funniest thing in the world.

I'm not clear on if they are breaking the book into two parts, or if they are doing the book in one, and a filler-in-between story line based on Tolkiens secondary writings in the other.

The trailer will most likely pop out on the 21st I believe, but it is possible it could show on the 16th. Of this month that is.

Oh and Thorin looks like a Klingon.

What are you talking about?

I'm not clear on if they are breaking the book into two parts, or if they are doing the book in one, and a filler-in-between story line based on Tolkiens secondary writings in the other.

Oh, I see. Either way, it works for me I suppose.

I'm curious if Peter Jackson or someone else will take up other works of Tolkien. Like The Silmarillion or even Unfinished Tales.

Lord of the rings came out WAAAAAYYY before Harry Potter.

The Lord of the rings also has the same goal throughout all of the books, while Harry Potter has a new story each book (first is about some stupidass stone, next is a chamber, etc.)

1316854101047.jpg

Lord of the rings came out WAAAAAYYY before Harry Potter.

The Lord of the rings also has the same goal throughout all of the books, while Harry Potter has a new story each book (first is about some stupidass stone, next is a chamber, etc.)

1316854101047.jpg

:trollface:

Oh and Thorin looks like a Klingon.

What are you talking about?

Evidently you never watched Star Trek.

He doesn't look anything like a Klingon.

I didn't say what because I didn't know what a Klingon was...