Best phone for RS3

Reyn-FU

Planning on upgrading my phone soon. I currently have the iPhone XR which is okay but doesn't allow me to switch between tabs if I open anything else it instantly logs me out. Just wondering what everyone's recommendations are on a better phone where I can play while switching between different apps as I mainly play RS3 on my phone. 

I don't have an answer but a question instead. Is tablet for RS an option? Could choose phone for other uses.

30 minutes ago, X5-452 said:

I don't have an answer but a question instead. Is tablet for RS an option? Could choose phone for other uses.

RS3 isn't tablet optimized so suffer some issues.

@Reyn-FU Be careful with what phone you do select, some of the newer ones don't support RS3 because Jagex

1 hour ago, X5-452 said:

I would but I would also be using at work as well while AFKing which I wouldn’t be able to do on the tablet. 

56 minutes ago, Bigm said:

RS3 isn't tablet optimized so suffer some issues.

@Reyn-FU Be careful with what phone you do select, some of the newer ones don't support RS3 because Jagex

I didn’t actually know that! I assumed the newer ones would just run the game better. I was looking at the new Samsung galaxy ultra… I’ll definitely be careful then 

6 minutes ago, Reyn-FU said:

I didn’t actually know that! I assumed the newer ones would just run the game better. I was looking at the new Samsung galaxy ultra… I’ll definitely be careful then 

I've seen various reports on Reddit that both newer phones and new OS versions have issues from time to time until they fix it.

I play on my  iphone 13 pro works like a champ just only concern is my battery, doesnt last long, it drains in a few hours, but doesn’t glitch, only thing it cant stand overflow of like w2 or 84 when doing flash events i mean, you can but have to be separated other than that phone works like a champ i heard some android are goos

4 hours ago, Bigm said:

I've seen various reports on Reddit that both newer phones and new OS versions have issues from time to time until they fix it.

Thank you for your advice 

4 hours ago, Pebs x said:

I use a Google Pixel 8 Pro, Has no issues with Rs mobile :)

Thank you I’ll have a look at those! On that phone can you switch to a different app and then switch back or does it log you out? 

2 hours ago, Rome the kng said:

I play on my  iphone 13 pro works like a champ just only concern is my battery, doesnt last long, it drains in a few hours, but doesn’t glitch, only thing it cant stand overflow of like w2 or 84 when doing flash events i mean, you can but have to be separated other than that phone works like a champ i heard some android are goos

Thank you, on the iPhone 13 if you switch from the RS3 app to say the RS wiki to look info up when you switch back to RS does it log you out? 

2 hours ago, Reyn-FU said:

Thank you I’ll have a look at those! On that phone can you switch to a different app and then switch back or does it log you out? 

Yes you can :)

Lincoln M

I use the iPhone 12 Pro and it works just fine, and I do not get logged out usually if I reply to a text or something.

I am playing RS3 on a iphone 14 and it works flawlessly - i decided to go with an older model for cost reasons but it works great.

• 1 month later...

Actually im using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra - its perfect in my opinion