Brighter Shores - New game from the Gower brothers

Beric

Will you be checking it out? Looks extremely familiar...

Going to sound odd given where we all are but I don't think I love this particular box/grid aesthetic they got going on.

But I almost feel like I have to try it just because.

+1 to everything the hopefully soon-to-be Amused Dragon said.

It looks pretty cool, I just fear I'm at this point in my life where I need passive game play and learning something new scares me.

On 3/17/2024 at 2:13 PM, AmusedDragon said:

Going to sound odd given where we all are but I don't think I love this particular box/grid aesthetic they got going on.

A little bit like they spilled RS3 in Minecraft. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Andrew misses working on RuneScape. Looks unmistakably similar. Even has red robed bad guys! 

I’d say maybe he regrets selling the game… but is it possible to regret a $100,000,000 payday? 

Given how much he sold Jagex for, this is presumably not a money grab and is instead a passion project, so kudos to him. I’m not at a point in my life when I can really try new games, but given the choice would absolutely make an account and muck around. 

14 hours ago, Rafi said:

Looks like Andrew misses working on RuneScape. Looks unmistakably similar. Even has red robed bad guys! 

I’d say maybe he regrets selling the game… but is it possible to regret a $100,000,000 payday? 

Given how much he sold Jagex for, this is presumably not a money grab and is instead a passion project, so kudos to him. I’m not at a point in my life when I can really try new games, but given the choice would absolutely make an account and muck around. 

Hes mentioned before he regrets selling his stake of jagex to the point where he couldnt maintain control, others came in and pushed mtx and everything and hes against alot of that stuff.

It looks interesting enough that i might try it, whether or not i stick with it depends on the game i suppose.

20 hours ago, Deathcon said:

Hes mentioned before he regrets selling his stake of jagex to the point where he couldnt maintain control, others came in and pushed mtx and everything and hes against alot of that stuff.

It looks interesting enough that i might try it, whether or not i stick with it depends on the game i suppose.

Yeah it’s gotta be tough watching the soul of your creation get maimed while there’s nothing you can do about it. 

I feel like at 36 years old I play RuneScape largely out of nostalgia.  Im not a big gamer outside of RS3.  If anything I would play OSRS, but I have a hard time imagining putting this much time into something else and starting over.  Looks alright though.

I think I feel the same.

i am interested… but just I’ve already so much investment into RS3 I’m not going to start something new.