Favorite Animal?

Reud

What's your favorite animal and why? 

Mine is the (Peacock) Mantis Shrimp!

Peacock%20Mantis%20Shrimp2_0.jpg

These little guys can grow as big as 9" long (fellas, don't get jealous) depending on the species.
The "crushing" mantis shrimp has these little appendages that punch harder than a 9mm!
The speed that they punch is so fast that it not only can break the shells of clams, crabs, mollusks, etc., but it can also make the water boil around the punching area due to its speed. 
They have the most complex eyes in the animal kingdom; over 16 photoreceptors and can even see UV lights.  For reference, humans only have 3! These guys are seeing colors we can't even FATHOM!
They're not actually shrimp, they're from the "stomatopod" family- a type of (prehistoric) crustacean cousin!
Yes, they can be kept as pets. 
Yes they can shatter the glass if they wanted, or get bored/agitated enough.
Yes, you can eat them. They're referred in Asian countries as "Alien Shrimp"
Yes, they're pretty badass.
Yes they can take off a finger.
No, they don't get along with other fish; they're apex predators and they're not picky.

Honestly, i doubt anyone would EVER guess this,
But it's an Arctic Fox :3 
af14samhd8n61.jpg

5 minutes ago, ArctiKfoxy said:

Honestly, i doubt anyone would EVER guess this,
But it's an Arctic Fox :3 

tenor.gif

~~~~~

Capybara for me. :aww:

tenor.gif

I have a real soft spot for the humble American toad. 

ff5ba1edf9db9a8abe03ea3c7cd24de3.png

I find their singing to be a very soothing sound. Really enjoy seeing the annual wave of tiny toads graduating out of tadpole-hood. And they have distinct colours and wart patterns that make it possible to identify individuals and notice them returning year after year. They're just my favourite neighbors out here in the woods. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952l28m26g4zjz9g4eo34b 

Staffordshire bull terriers!

My first ever dog was a staffie so they have a huge place in my heart (RIP Harvey👼

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Axhowler said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952l28m26g4zjz9g4eo34b 

Staffordshire bull terriers!

My first ever dog was a staffie so they have a huge place in my heart (RIP Harvey👼

Awww my 2yo is a Labrastaff! 1cj1nbD.jpegXfsPPWE.jpegJtsiHHi.jpegpeWIOJn.jpegVaTprJm.jpeg

His name is Ft. Ludacris and he’s my big baby

edit: RIP Harvey 

Edited by Reud
RIP Harvey
11 hours ago, Reud said:

JtsiHHi.jpeg

I feel like our Staff mixes would be chaos friends

e0d5673b26ae4f09ff5dc88c36f3f222.png

Mine is kind of a tie between red pandas and snow leopards :aww:

Red Panda Physical Features - Snow Leopard Trust 

Jazz hands! Snow leopard leaps through the air with its paws outstretched |  Daily Mail Online

Edited by MrsDewwBerry
On 3/29/2024 at 5:51 PM, Reud said:

VaTprJm.jpeg

heh now I know what Reud looks like. (I also have an English Bully xStaff) best girl ever. 

But yeah, my favourite animal is a horse. 

They're quite magestic creatures, can be super goofy or quite intelligent... Mine is goofy, as per because its my pet, I don't seem to get 'normal' ones. 

I personally find watching horses in a field with their herd super relaxing, any day to day life rubbish can be simply solved by a horse neck snuggle. Their smell is amazing.. don't judge. 

They're very intune too, can feel any of your emotions. Worst mistake is being sat on a horse ready for a competition and being scared... as they know. But at the same time if you're sad they know and will show you all the love they can offer. 

Also don't piss a horse off, their bite is pretty mean and I heard death by being trampled isn't fun either. 

They're also ridiculously expensive to keep as their main aim in life is to either be injured or try to die in the weirdest way possible. 

I don't tend to share this with many but this is my bub, I've had him since he was a baby and over the years has cost me the equivalent of a decent house.. hence I'm still living in my mums annex X D but we competed at national level back in the day, he's now in a retirement home for horses that I get to visit whenever I fancy without the hassle of yard visits 3x a day X D 

LHDl1cM.jpeg

Edited by Thoraa
  • 2 weeks later...

mantis shrimp are op. that being said i love chinchillas