This weekend

Doc

This weekend is memorial weekend.

This morning I was up at 5:30, out the door at 5:45 to be at my school to plant American flags on the graves of dead men and women who served in the military at a local graveyard. I arrived at 6:15 and we left at 6:45.

We drove a bit and arrived at the local VFW chapter headquarters, where they gave us free breakfast.

We left there and came to the graveyard. We split into groups of 4 and started our task. Each group got a list of names, a few bundles of flags, and if you were lucky, something to make a hole in the ground with so you don't break the flag by trying to stab it into the ground.

I was in charge of making the hole in the ground at the graves, and I believe I did my job well. I was given a prebar to use, which is basically like a 4" long iron bar, about as big around as a pencil.

Anyways, I was making a hole on this one grave beside the road. An old lady pulled up, she was being driven by (I assume) a friend. She walked up to me, and she was shaking very badly and crying, and she asked for a flag to plant on her dead husband's grave. I gave her the flag I was about to put into the ground, and she walked across the street and planted it in a vase on her husband's grave.

Her husband died last year. It was a sad moment, and I felt sympathy for her.

A man, who apparently served in Fallujah, was present. He was tattooed up, and I could tell immediatley that he had already been drinking this morning. He thanked us, gave a half-ass salute and was on his way.

We left later, and I got home, slept, and then cut the grass.

Nevertheless, this weekend is memorial weekend. Please take a second to thank the fallen men and women, and veterans, for their service to our country.

tl;dr: read the above short paragraph ^

Edited by Doc is Death

I condone rape but support rapist.

Um

What?

Are you saying that by me doing what I did today, I have somehow contradicted myself? If so, what is it that I contradicted?

Um

What?

Are you saying that by me doing what I did today, I have somehow contradicted myself? If so, what is it that I contradicted?

condone does not mean what you think it means

Um

What?

condone does not mean what you think it means

con·done/k?n?d?n/Verb

1. Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

2. Approve or sanction (something)

It actually is exactly what I thought it meant.

I wasn't speaking to you directly. I find it funny that people support war and the killing of people who have not had a direct/indirect attack on our national security. You could also say something along the lines of, "Rape is wrong, but I support rapist" (for the people who don't support war but support our troops).

I wasn't speaking to you directly. I find it funny that people support war and the killing of people who have not had a direct/indirect attack on our national security. You could also say something along the lines of, "Rape is wrong, but I support rapist" (for the people who don't support war but support our troops).

Troops do more than just go to war.

Ok?

Ok?

maybe i didn't understand your post then. nevermind

Ok?

THen that makes two of us.

Ok?

THen that makes two of us.

I get it.

He doesn't understand why people are anti-war AND pro-troop, but I can say why.

When you're a soldier, you do as ordered. You can't disobey your commanding officer. That means when you're told to get on Plane #___ or whatever, that you're going to a foreign country, you do it. You ever hear of a thing called a draft? It isn't implemented now, but was.

As for the

killing of people who have not had a direct/indirect attack on our national security.
, do you know what Jihad is?
ji·had/ji?häd/Noun

1. (among Muslims) A war or struggle against unbelievers.

Whether you like it or not, if you're non-Muslim (a nonbeliever, or infidel), the people who believe in this Jihad are at war with you. :chuffed:

Troops are there to defend their country. They aren't the political figures who sometimes make poor military decisions. Disapproving one doesn't mean you have disapprove the other.