Jagex coins?

Res

I was seeing if the prices of Jcreds/wolcash has changed any and when I signed in to "top up" they have a new screen with Jcoins (Jagex currency)

What are JCoins?

JCoins are the new virtual currency from Jagex.

At the present time, JCoins can only be spent on WoLCash and to repay owed debts.

Is there any mentioned plans for this? Are they adding a cash-shop to runescape?

Info 18 JCoins $2.00

Info 100 JCoins $9.95

Info 200 JCoins $19.95

Info 500 JCoins $49.95

Info 1000 JCoins $99.95

Prices seem to be to high (just like jcreds)

Edited by Dpa

This thread makes me feel very dated. I literally have no idea as to what you are talking about.

I don't even know what he's talking about.

This thread makes me feel very dated. I literally have no idea as to what you are talking about.

I don't even know what he's talking about.

Well that makes me feel better :reporter:

It's for other Jagex games (War of Legends or some shit like that I think)

I think they're trying to get rid of the word 'other' in this quote.

Hopefully they'll make enough money off of this when they implement this into RuneScape that it will become profitable for them to actually remove the bots.

Sounds like their micro-transaction thing they were starting to implement.

Ahhh. There are few things I hate as much as cash shops in games.

It's simple.

If you get an account banned, you can pay to unban it. I assume these Jagex Coins will be used to pay back the account. (An easy way to pay money to Jagex outside of a membership subscription)

Same can go if you are in debt of membership. (Pay for recurring, get the month, then have your payment bounce)

Or you can use it to buy money on Jagex's other game War of Legends.

EA does something similar to this in FIFA. All it does is invite people to spend much more real life cash on the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets expanded upon.

EA does something similar to this in FIFA. All it does is invite people to spend much more real life cash on the game, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets expanded upon.

I would never play any game that gave that much of an advantage to those who paid more than a standard membership fee. The closest I've ever come is a golf game that I currently play online. You have to spend "credits" in order to buy better clubs, etc, etc. You can acquire credits by purchasing them with cash, or you can buy things through site partners (I pretty much get all of my credits buying shit I would have bought anyway via Groupon) and doing surveys.

Sounds like their micro-transaction thing they were starting to implement.

Ahhh. There are few things I hate as much as cash shops in games.

Saaame. :jade:

I would never play any game that gave that much of an advantage to those who paid more than a standard membership fee. The closest I've ever come is a golf game that I currently play online. You have to spend "credits" in order to buy better clubs, etc, etc. You can acquire credits by purchasing them with cash, or you can buy things through site partners (I pretty much get all of my credits buying shit I would have bought anyway via Groupon) and doing surveys.

It's for buying players. You can either pay for players with coins you earned through matches or merchanting, or you can buy a pack of random players with microsoft/XBL points. So it's not a necessity, but many players waste real money on the game.

It's for buying players. You can either pay for players with coins you earned through matches or merchanting, or you can buy a pack of random players with microsoft/XBL points. So it's not a necessity, but many players waste real money on the game.

Ahh, got it. That's not too bad, then.

Yea it is for WoL, pretty much a fail version of tribal wars/evony (you can't take out a whole player). Everywhere you go in the game they try to get you to buy a item. With every 5 min or so offers of the day popping up (one day its double money, next it's triple then it's some other shit). That game isn't a game any more, it's just full with things trying to get you to pay money. Worst thing, some people actually buy things that cost like 5000 of those things...

The pricing for the effects are way to high aswell.