Going to Chi-town.

Muse

Booked a weekend in Chicago and wanted some input on what me and the lady should do there. All suggestions welcome. Hotel is overlooking Lake Michigan around Navy pier.

Doing some of this shit.

http://www.citypass.com/chicago

Along with the usual restaurants, shopping, sightseeing/subway ride with hobos, ferry ride at night.

Hancock tower is a better view of Chicago. Sears (Willis or whatever they're calling it now) has that sky box thing though. Tough call, I'd still go with the Hancock building. Cheaper, no wait, and better view.

Navy pier is worth checking out once. If your interested in architecture take a boat tour. I know it sounds terrible but most of Chicago's notable buildings are on the water and the history behind them are amazing. You can catch one on Lower Whacker.

The trolley tours are cool just because a few of them actually go out to various neighborhoods around the city. For example, North Chicago, the southside, China town, and little Italy. They constantly run so you can hop off and pick them up. It's a lot cheaper than cabbing out there.

Uhh, if you're going to eat their hot dogs or beef sandwhiches make sure the place you're going has a Vienna Beef sign in the window. If not, it's going to taste like ass.

Giordano's on Rush street is your best pizza. Don't get caught up in the hype of other places, it's not worth the wait for what you get. At Giordano's you place your order when you put your name down so the pie is ready or close to ready by the time you've got a table.

Goose Island 312 is the local beer and most places should carry it. Old Style is a main stay in Chicago as well. Don't buy St Louis beer there unless you want dirty looks.

Yeah if you have any specific questions let me know. From what you've described you're like a couple of blocks away from the Hancock building and Oprah's house (which has a gold door and a security guard which makes it easy to spot).

But yeah have fun, Chicago is great

Hancock tower is a better view of Chicago. Sears (Willis or whatever they're calling it now) has that sky box thing though. Tough call, I'd still go with the Hancock building. Cheaper, no wait, and better view.

Navy pier is worth checking out once. If your interested in architecture take a boat tour. I know it sounds terrible but most of Chicago's notable buildings are on the water and the history behind them are amazing. You can catch one on Lower Whacker.

The trolley tours are cool just because a few of them actually go out to various neighborhoods around the city. For example, North Chicago, the southside, China town, and little Italy. They constantly run so you can hop off and pick them up. It's a lot cheaper than cabbing out there.

Uhh, if you're going to eat their hot dogs or beef sandwhiches make sure the place you're going has a Vienna Beef sign in the window. If not, it's going to taste like ass.

Giordano's on Rush street is your best pizza. Don't get caught up in the hype of other places, it's not worth the wait for what you get. At Giordano's you place your order when you put your name down so the pie is ready or close to ready by the time you've got a table.

Goose Island 312 is the local beer and most places should carry it. Old Style is a main stay in Chicago as well. Don't buy St Louis beer there unless you want dirty looks.

Yeah if you have any specific questions let me know. From what you've described you're like a couple of blocks away from the Hancock building and Oprah's house (which has a gold door and a security guard which makes it easy to spot).

But yeah have fun, Chicago is great

Hobdog speaks the truth :biggrinlove:

As Hobdog said, Giordano's is good, but I've always preferred Gino's East when I go, which is on Superior Street. Bubba Gump's Shrimp restaurant is also a fun place to go for lunch or something, which is right on Navy Pier. Pretty much any of the hotdog stands are going to give you the best hotdog you've ever had. I've never had a bad one down there, and I don't even like hotdogs normally.

I'm not sure how much of a museum goer you are, but the Field Museum is absolutely incredible. Shedd Aquarium is sweet, but there are lot's of kids around of course. Adler planetarium is cool too.

Lakefront Trail along Lakeshore Drive is a really nice place to just take a walk.

I don't think you'll get bored there. Just prepare for a lot of walking and/or waiting in traffic.

Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Much more than I was expecting.

I'm looking to head down there sometime soon. Mainly to take some drugs and go to the aquarium and planetarium. But we'll obviously be interested in other things, so you should post about how it went and what you did and such (H)