mic problems

Emeraldwpn

I can't seem to pinpoint the cause of this problem, but I can't speak in-game while playing killing floor. I can speak in vent, and I can speak in steam chatboxes, but just not in game. I go to test it out on windows and i get nothing. As far as i know, I have unmuted my mic. Especially since it works with every other program.

Did you go to the options panel in game to make sure that it works? There's an option to test it (at least in TF2).

the mic test works for steam itself, but there isn't a mic test for the game.

Sometimes certain programs or games automatically adjust your sound and mic settings. I.E. When you run Skype, it has its own "preferences" for your sound/speaker and mic, so whenever you run it and lets say are listening to Youtube. Youtube will suddenly get a lot quieter, as Skype re-changes all your settings while it is running.

Make sure everything is still the same, even the basic stuff, when you run the game.

Sometimes certain programs or games automatically adjust your sound and mic settings. I.E. When you run Skype, it has its own "preferences" for your sound/speaker and mic, so whenever you run it and lets say are listening to Youtube. Youtube will suddenly get a lot quieter, as Skype re-changes all your settings while it is running.

Make sure everything is still the same, even the basic stuff, when you run the game.

It is, as far as I know.